6.4 Stay Out Of The Sewers

I pulled down the sheet and saw Sam did the same. We tried to get out of the ropes but it didn't work. "Damn it," Sam mumbled. Then I heard movement. "Sam," I whispered. I looked over my shoulder as I heard someone coughing. "That better be you, guys, and not that freak of nature," Dean said.

Sam and I chuckled a little. "Yeah, it's us," Sam said. Dean managed to uncover himself from the sheet and started to undo his ropes.

"He went to Rebecca's, lookin' like you," I said. "Well, he's not stupid. He picked the handsome one," Dean said. Sam gave him a confused look while I continued to work through my ropes.

I finally got out of the ropes. "Yes," I said and got up. I walked over to Sam and started to untying his ropes. "We need to go," Sam said as he got up and I walked over to Dean and untying his ropes. "Yep," Dean said as he got up. "He's probably at Rebecca's already," Sam said and we left.

We climbed out and onto the alley street. "Come on. We gotta find a phone, call the police," Sam said as he helped me out. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. You're gonna put an APB out on me," Dean stated and Sam shrugged. "Sorry," He said. "This way," I said and we started to ran down the street.

We stood in front of a store window, watching a news report that is being shown on a display of televisions. 'An anonymous tip led police to a home in the Central West End, where a S.W.A.T team discovered a local woman bound and gagged. Her attacker, a white male, approximately twenty-four to thirty years of age, was discovered hiding in her home.'

A sketch of Dean appeared on the screen. "Man! That's not even a good picture," Dean whined. Sam and I looked around cautiously. "It's good enough," Sam said and he and I started walking away and Dean followed.

We walked in an alley and Dean stepped into a puddle. "Come on," Dean snapped. "They said attempted murder," I stated. "At least we know --"

"I didn't kill her," Dean cut me off. "We'll check with Rebecca in the morning, see if she's all right," Sam said. "All right, but first I wanna find that handsome devil and kick the holy crap out of him," Dean said and we stopped. "We have no weapons. No silver bullets," Sam pointed out. "Sam, the guy's walkin' around with my face, okay, it's a little personal, I wanna find him," Dean said.

"Okay . . . so where do we look?" I asked. "Well, we could start with the sewers," Dean suggested. "We have no weapons. He stole our guns, we need more," Sam said. "The car?" I asked. "I'm bettin' he drove over to Rebecca's," Dean said.

"The news said he fled on foot. I bet it's still parked there," Sam said. "The thought of him drivin' my car," Dean said, upset. "All right, come on," Sam said and we started walking again. "It's killin' me," Dean said. "Let it go," I said.

We reached to Rebecca's house and walked around the side of the house to see Dean's car was parked there. "Oh, there she is! Finally, something went right tonight," Dean said and we started to walk to the car.

A police car appeared and parked next to the car. "Oh, crap," Dean said. We turned around, but another police car was parked a few yards away. "This way, this way," Dean said as he pulled me with him towards a fence.

"You two go. I'll hold 'em off," Sam said. "What are you talking about?" Dean asked. "They'll catch you," I said. "They can't hold me. Just go, keep out of sight. You two meet me at Rebecca's," Sam said.

Dean helped me up and we started to climbed over the fence. "Hey," Sam said and we stopped and turned around to look at him. "Stay out of the sewers alone." I nodded but Dean didn't say anything and we both hoped over the fence. "I mean it!" Sam said. "Yeah, yeah!" Dean said and he grabbed my hand and we ran away.

...................................

It was morning when we got back to the Impala. Dean told me we had to go back to the sewer. "But he said to stay away," I said as we gathered the weapons from the car's trunk. "I know, I know. But we can't wait. Let's go," Dean said and he closed the trunk. I sighed and we walked away.

Dean and I went back to the sewer and looked around. We come across a chamber filled with candles and chains. Revolting piles of skin and blood are on the floor. Dean and I shared a look before we suddenly heard a noise and we moved to another area of the sewer. We saw a large figure covered with a sheet.

Dean and I looked at each other before he removed the sheet and we saw it was Rebecca. Her hands and feet were bound together with rope. "Rebecca?" Dean and I asked at the same time.

Dean and I were untying Rebecca's ropes. "What happened?" Dean asked. "I was walking home, and everything just went white. Someone hit me over the head, and I wound up here just in time to see that thing turn into me. I don't know, how is that even possible?" She cried.

"Okay, okay. It's okay," I said as we finished untying her. "Come on. Can you walk?" Dean asked and she nodded. "We've gotta hurry, Sam went to see you," I said and we rushed out.

We got to Rebecca's house. Dean and I pulled out our guns and I opened the door. We rushed in and walked into a room, to see the shapeshifter on top of Sam, strangles him.

"Hey!" I yelled and the shapeshifter got off of Sam. Dean and I aimed our guns at the shapeshifter and we shoot him in the heart. The shapeshifter felled to the ground, dead. Rebecca entered. "Sam!"

She rushed over to Sam with me. I saw Dean walking to the shapeshifter's body and noticed him wearing something, Dean's necklace. Dean yanked it from around the shapeshifter's neck and nodded at us.

...................

It was time to leave. Rebecca and Sam were inside the house while me and Dean were outside. Dean and I were looking at the map before looking away over to Sam and Rebecca walking out. They kept talking.

They hugged and then pulled away. I walked over to them. "Well, will you call sometime?" Rebecca asked him. "It might not be for a little while," Sam replied. She nodded and then looked at me and smiled. "Good bye, Scar," She said.

I smiled. "Bye, Rebecca," I said and I hugged her. She hugged back and then we pulled away. She waved goodbye to Dean. He waved back and then she walked back inside the house. Sam wrapped his arm around my shoulder and we walked over to our brother. "So, what about your friend, Zack?" Dean asked.

"Cops are blamin' this Dean Winchester guy for Emily's murder. They found the murder weapon in the guy's lair, Zack's clothes stained with her blood. Now they're thinking maybe the surveillance tape was tampered with," Sam said.

I saw Dean's eyes grow wide. "Yeah, Becca says Zack will be released soon," Sam said and he smile at how Dean responded. I giggled while Dean rolled his eyes and we got in the car.

"Sorry, man," Dean spoke up. "About what?" Sam asked. "I really wish things could be different, you know? I wish you could just be . . . Joe College," Dean said. "No, that's okay. You know, the truth is, even at Stanford, deep down, I never really fit in," Sam said.

"Well, that's 'cause you're a freak," Dean said. "Yeah, thanks," Sam said. "Well, I'm a freak, too," Dean said. "So I'm I. We right there with ya, all the way," I said. Sam laughed and gave a small nod, "Yeah, I know you both are."

"You know, I gotta say -- I'm sorry I'm gonna miss it," Dean said. "Miss what?" Sam asked. "How many chances am I gonna have to see my own funeral?" Dean asked and the three of us smiled at each other before looking back at the road.