14.1 Nightmare

I was sleeping on the bed with Dean in our hotel room. But then, I woke up by someone shaking me on the shoulder, "Scar. Dean," Sam said. I groaned. Oh come on! "What are you doing man, it's the middle of the night," Dean spoke.

"We have to go," Sam said and I sighed as I sat up, rubbing my eyes. "What's happening?" I asked. "We have to go. Right now," Sam said as he grabbed his bag and walked out.

I shared a look with Dean before I went to the bathroom and got dressed. Soon after, I was at the back seat, trying to stay awake while Dean was driving and Sam was sitting in the passenger seat, talking on the phone and reading from a Michigan State Police ID, "McReady. Detective McReady. Badge number 158. I've got a signal 480 in progress, I need the registered owner of a two door sedan, Michigan licence plate Mary-Frank-six-zero-three-seven. Yeah ok, just hurry."

"Sammy, relax. I'm sure it's just a nightmare," Dean said. "Yeah, tell me about it," Sam said. "Dean's right. Y'know, a normal, everyday, naked-in-class, nightmare. This licence plate, it won't check out. You'll see," I said, more awake now.

"It felt different, guys. Real. Like when I dreamt about our old house. And Jessica," Sam said. "Yeah, that makes sense," Dean said. "You're dreaming about our house, your girlfriend. This guy in your dream, you ever seen him before?"

"No," Sam replied. "No. Exactly. Why would you have premonitions about some random dude in Michigan," Dean said. "I don't know," Sam said. "We don't either," I said, sighing.

"Yes I'm here," Sam spoke into his phone. He glared at me then at Dean before picking up a pen, "Jim Miller. Saginaw, Michigan. You have a street address? Got it. Thanks."

Dean and I exchanged a nervous glances as Sam hung up. "Checks out," He said and sighing before looking at Dean, "How far are we?"

"From Saginaw?" Dean asked and Sam nodded, "Coupla hours." Sam sighed, "Drive faster."

...................

After a while, the Impala cruised to a stop outside the address that was giving to us. An Emergency vehicles was parked outside and someone on a stretcher was zipped into a body bag. Dean and I turned to Sam, concerned while Sam looked upset.

"Let's go," Sam said and climbed out. I sighed and Dean and I climbed out. We walked to the crowd and stood beside an older lady. "What happened?" Dean asked her. "Suicide," The lady replied. "Can't believe it."

"Did you know them?" Sam asked as I watched as the woman on the porch steps crying into the man's arms while a younger man stood to the side.

"Saw him in every Sunday at St Augustines. He always seems . . . seemed, so normal. I guess you never know what's going on behind closed doors," The older lady said.

"Guess not," I murmured. "How did . . . ahh. How are they saying it happened?" Sam asked, distressed. "I heard they found him in the garage, locked inside his car with the engine running," She replied.

"Do you know about what time they found him?" I asked. "Oh, it just happened about an hour or two ago. His poor family. I can't even imagine what they're going through," She said.

I glanced at Sam, who watched the family as well, grimacing, then he turned to walk away. I followed him and Dean followed behind. The three of us leaned against the Impala's bonnet.