17.4 A New Story

Dean's fist pounded against the trailer's door of Ed and Harry's. A slight squeals came from inside, "Who is it?" Harry called.

"Come on out here guys, we hear you in there," Dean said as I stuffed my hands into my pockets. "It's them!" Ed said and then the door opened and they stick their heads out the door.

"Ah, would you look at that! Action figures in their original packaging -- what a shock," Dean said sarcastically. "Guys, we need to talk," Sam said.

"Yeah, um, sorry guys. We're ahhh, a little bit busy right now," Ed said as they stepped out of the trailer to stood in front of us. "Okay then, we'll make it quick. We need you to shut down your website," I said.

Ed laughed and looked at Harry, "Man, you know, these guys got us busted last night, spent the night in a holding cell . . ."

"I had to pee in that cell urinal. In front of people," Harry said and pointed a finger at us, "And I get stage fright."

"Why should we trust you guys?" Ed asked. "Look guys. We all know what we saw last night, what's in the house. But now thanks to your website there are thousands of people hearing about Mordechai," Sam said.

"That's right. Which means people are gonna keep showing up at the Hell House, running into him in person, somebody could get hurt," I said.

"Yeah, yeah . . ." Ed said, sound like he didn't care. What a jerk! Harry glanced nervously at Ed, "Ed, maybe they got a point, maybe . . ."

"Nope . . ." Ed said. "No," Harry agreed quickly, shaking his head at us. "We have an obligation to our fans, to the truth," Ed said.

"Well, I have an obligation to kick both your little asses right now --" Dean said, smiling in annoyance but Sam stopped him, "Dean -- Dean, hey, hey, just, forget it, all right? These guys . . . probably bitch slap them both." Ed chuckled. "I could probably even tell them that thing about Mordechai . . ." Dean and I looked at Sam, shaking our heads. "But they're still not gonna help us. Let's just go."

Dean and I followed Sam and heard Ed and Harry running after us, "Whoa . . . whoa . . . What you say about . . .?"

"Hang on a second here," Harry said. "Wait . . . wait," Ed said. "What thing about Mordechai you guys?" Harry asked. "Don't tell 'em, Sam," I said. "But if they agree to shut the website down, Scar," Sam said. "They're not going to do it, you said so yourself," Dean said.

"No wait. Wait. Don't listen to him okay? We'll do it. We'll do it," Ed said and me and my brothers stopped. "It's a secret Sam," Dean said and we turned around to face Ed and Harry. "Look, it is a really big deal all right. And it wasn't easy to dig up. So only if we have your word that you'll shut everything down," Sam said.

"Totally," Ed said. "All right," Sam said and nodded to me. I sighed, "But it's mine," I muttered as I pulled out the fake paperwork from my jacket, handing it over t them.

"It's a death certificate. From the '30s. We got it at the library. Now according to the coroner, the actual cause of death was a self-inflicted gunshot wound," I explained.

"That's right, he didn't hang or cut himself," Dean added. "He shot himself?" Harry asked in shock. "Yep. With a .45 pistol. To this day they say he's terrified of them," Sam said.