19.4 The Doll

Leaning against the door outside the office building with my arms crossed, I watched Sam and Sarah talking with each other while we were waiting for Dean to come out. I smirked, "Come on, why they so slow with this?" I asked myself.

After a moment, there was a knock behind me on the glass door. I stepped away, turning around to see Dean. He walked out the door, "What's up?" He asked, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and we walked towards Sam and Sarah.

"Are we interrupting something?" Dean asked as we looked between them. "No," Sam replied. "Not at all," Sarah said. "Huh. Apparently," I said. "So, what'd you get?" Sam asked our brother.

"Paydirt," Dean started as he pulled out a rolling paper and he un-wrapped his arm from my shoulder. "Apparently the surviving relatives of the Merchant family were so ashamed of Isaiah that they didn't want him interred with the rest of the family. So, they handed him over to the county, the county gave him a pauper's funeral. Economy style. Turns out he wasn't cremated; he was buried in a pine box."

"So there are bones to burn," I said, smiling slightly. "There are bones to burn," Dean confirmed, smirking. Sam and I exchanged a glance before looking back at Dean as Sam spoke, "Tell me you know where." Which Dean grinned as he glanced at each of us.

...................

It was night time when we got to the graveyard and found Isaiah's headstone. Sam, Dean and I were digging while Sarah was holding the flashlight on us.

After a little while, Sam crawled out of the grave with a groan and stood beside Sarah, panting while Dean and I continued digging.

"You guys seem to be uncomfortably comfortable with this," Sarah spoke. "Well, ah, this isn't exactly the first grave we've dug," Sam said. "Still think I'm a catch?"

"If she thinks you're a catch, then something's wrong with her eyes," I joked, stopping digging and smirked up at my big brother. He gave me a playfully look while Sarah gave a small chuckle and Dean laughed.

"That was good," Dean said before we both continued to dig. A few moments after, his shovel hit something hard and he tapped it a few times, "Think we've got something."

Dean and I cracked open the coffin lid to reveal a dusty skeleton. "Hello, Isaiah," I said. Dean and I placed our shovels beside Sam and then Dean pulled himself out of the grave before he and Sam hold their hands out to me and pulled me out.

Dean grabbed the duffel bag that was beside Sarah and pulled out a can of salt and kerosene. Sam grabbed the kerosene and they started to pour it over the body while Sarah and I stood at the side and watched.

Then, once my brothers finished, they came to stand beside us. "You've been a real pain in the ass Isaiah," Dean said and he strike a match, "Good riddance." He tossed the match in, and we watched it burn.

...................

Dean pulled up at Evelyn's house again. "Keep the motor running," Sam said and he opened the passenger door. "I thought the painting was harmless now?" Sarah asked from her place beside me in the back seat.

Sam turned slightly, "Better safe than sorry. We're gonna bury the sucker," He replied. "I'm gonna go with you," She said. "You sure?" Sam asked as she started climbing out.