7.3 Hook

Sam and I were doing research while Dean was at the college party. Sam and I meet our brother outside the party. "Hey," Sam said. "Man, you've been holding out on me. This college thing is awesome!" Dean said, smirking. "This wasn't really my experience," Sam said.

"Let me guess. Libraries, studying, straight A's?" Dean said. Sam nodded. "What a geek," Dean mumbled. "Shut up and listen," I told him. "Now, it was bugging me, right? So how is the Hook Man tied up with Lori? So I think Scar and I came up with something," Sam said and I unraveled piece of paper and I handed them to Dean.

"1932. Clergyman arrested for murder. 1967. Seminarian held in hippie rampage," Dean said. "There's a pattern here. In both cases, the suspect was a man of religion who openly preached against immorality," Sam said.

"And then found himself wanted for killings he claimed were the work of an invisible force. Killings carried out -- get this -- with a sharp instrument," I said.

"What's the connection to Lori?" Dean asked. "A man of religion? Who openly preaches against immorality? Except maybe this time, instead of saving the whole town, he's just trying to save his only daughter," Sam said.

"Reverend Sorensen. You guys think he's summoning the spirit?" Dean asked. "Maybe," Sam said. "Or, you know how a poltergeist can haunt a person instead of a place?" I asked. "Yeah, the spirit latches onto the reverend's repressed emotions, feeds off them, okay," Dean said.

"Without the reverend ever even knowing it," Sam said. "Either way, you should keep an eye on Lori tonight," Dean said to Sam and he nodded. "What about you and Scar?" Sam asked. Dean looked at an attractive blonde smiling at him by the pool table inside the house.

"Oh, man," Dean whined and I rolled my eyes, knowing that he want's to stay. "We're gonna go see if we can find that unmarked grave," I said to Sam. He nodded and smirked as I grabbed Dean's arm, dragging him away from the house.

...................

Dean and I got to the old North Cemetery. We were looking around with our flashlights. I spotted a headstone that was engraved with the cross symbol. "Dean," I said to my older brother. He looked at the headstone too. "Here we go," He said and we both walked over to it.

Dean hold a shovel for me and I gave him a look. "Someone need to hold the flashlight," I said, smirking. Now, Dean gave me a look. "Both of us are gonna dig. So stop whining," He said and I rolled my eyes as I grabbed the shovel.

Both of us started to dig with the shovels. It took a while. "That's it. Next time, I get to watch the cute girl's house," Dean said and I chuckled. Then, my shovel hit something. It was the grave.

Dean and I exchanged glances before both of us break through the wooden floor of the grave and saw Jacob Karns's remains. "Well, hello, preacher," I said and Dean and I throw our shovels aside.

Dean got out the hole and then helped me out. He took a few items out of the bag. He poured salt and lighted fluid on the preacher's bones then lighted a match. "Goodbye, preacher," Dean said. He throw the match into the grave and we watched the bones burn into flames.

"Finally," I said and Dean nodded in agreement. "Let's go see Sammy," He said. We gathered all the things and walked back to the car.

...................................

At the next morning, Dean and I got to the hospital after Sam called me and told us that Lori's father was attacked by the Hook Man. We saw Sam talking to a sheriff and we wanted to walk away but stopped by two other sheriff. "Sorry, you can't past."