22.1 Devil's Trap

Slowly, Dean removed the phone from his ear and hung up, "They've got Dad," He said and started to pace. "Meg?" I asked, shocked. Dean just nodded. "What'd she say?" Sam asked.

"I just told you, Sammy," Dean said, clearly upset. "Okay. Okay." He forced himself to take a deep breath to try and calm himself, rubbing a hand down his face.

He looked around and walked towards the bedside table where the Colt was laying. He grabbed the Colt and tucked it into the back of his jeans. "What are you doing, Dean?" Sam asked as Dean grabbed his bag. "We got to go," He said.

"Why?" I asked. He looked back at me as he put on his jacket, "Because the demon knows we're in Salvation, all right. It knows we got the Colt. It's got Dad -- it's probably coming for us next."

He grabbed my duffel bag off the bed and hold it out to me, which I took it as Sam came to stand beside us, "Good. We've still got three bullets left. Let it come."

"Listed, tough guy, we're not ready, okay? We don't know how many of them are out there. Now, we're no good to anybody dead. We're leaving . . . now!" Dean ordered.

...................

The Impala was speeding down the road, turning sharply around a corner. "I'm telling you, Dean, we could have taken him," Sam said.

"What we need is a plan. Now, they're probably keeping Dad alive, we just gotta figure out where. They're gonna wanna trade him for the gun," Dean explained. Sam just shook his head and Dean glanced over at him, "What?"

"Dean, if that were true, why didn't Meg mention a trade?" Sam asked. "Dad, he might be . . ." I leaned forward, "No, don't!" I snapped.

"Look, I don't want to believe it any more than you. But if he is, all the more reason to kill this damn thing. We still have the Colt. We can still finish the job," Sam said.

"Screw the job, Sam!" Dean said. "Dean, I'm just trying to do what he would want. He would want us to keep going," Sam said.

"Quit talking about him like he's dead already?" I said. "Hey, now, listen to me, everything stops until we get him back, you understand me? Everything," Dean said. Sam paused to think, "So how do we find him?"

"Maybe we go to Lincoln. Start at the warehouse where he was taken," Dean suggested. "You really think these demons are going to leave a trail?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

He paused for a moment, "You're right. We need help." I frowned and shared a look with Sam before looking back at him.

...................................

"Scar." I groaned as I opened my eyes slightly to see Sam looking at me from his spot on the passenger seat. I guess I fell a sleep after a little while and now it was morning. "Hey, look where we are," He said with a small smirk.

I frowned and got up slightly. "What?" I asked before looking out the window. My eyes grow wide and my brothers laughed. We were at Bobby's junkyard! Uncle Bobby! I smiled as I quickly opened the back seat door and climbed out.

I glanced around and spotted on a blue truck a large dog. My jaw dropped. "Rumsfeld?" The dog looked up at me and gave a small bark, tail wagging excitedly.