8.3 Matt

After Dean left, Lynda was talking to Sam and I, "-- Who can say "no" to a steam shower? I use mine everyday," She said. Sam and I looked at each other, we both know that we weren't interested by this. "Sounds great," Sam said sarcastically.

While she was continued talking, I noticed a tarantula crawling towards her hand, which was resting on the table beside her. I let my eyes wander behind her to see that a few feet away, a boy, probably a year or two older then me, was watching excitedly the tarantula coming closer to Lynda. Sam noticed him as well with a frown, "Excuse us."

He pushed Lynda gently out of the way and I picked up the spider carefully. We went to the boy and I hold the spider to him. "Hey, is this yours?" I asked, locking eyes with him. He took the spider from me with a shocking look and then looked between me and my brother, "You gonna tell my Dad?"

"I don't know. Who's your Dad?" Sam asked. The boy scoffed, "Yeah, Larry usually skips me in the family introductions," He said. "Ouch. First name basis with the old man -- sounds pretty grim," Sam said. "Well, I'm not exactly brochure material," The boy said and he looked at me again.

"Well, hang in there. It gets better, all right? I promise," Sam told him while I hid my smile from the boy, who was still looking at me. He finally looked at my brother, "When?"

"Matthew." We turned to see Larry and Dean walking towards us. Larry stood beside his son as he looked at me and Sam, "I am so sorry about my son and his . . . Pet." Sam shrugged, "It's no bother."

"Excuse us," Larry said and he grabbed Matt's arm before they walked away. Dean stood right where Matt was, looking at us. "Remind you of somebody?" Sam asked. Dean looked over at Larry, who was yelling at Matt, quietly before he looked back at Sam, confused. "Dad?" Sam said.

"Dad never treated us like that," Dean said with a frown. Sam let out a huff, "Well, Dad never treated you and Scar like that. You two were perfect. He was all over my case," He said. "You don't remember?"

"Well, maybe he had to raise his voice, but sometimes, you were out of line," Dean said. "Dean," I warned. "What?" He asked me as Sam scoffed, "Right. Right, like when I said I'd rather play soccer with Scar than learn bowhunting," He said and I looked down. "Bowhunting's an important skill," Dean said. "Whatever," Sam said, rolling his eyes. I sighed and looked at Dean, "How was your tour?"

"Oh, it was excellent. I'm ready to buy," He joked and Sam and I let out a laugh. "So you might be onto somethin'," He said to me. "Looks like Dustin Burwash wasn't the first strange death around here."

"What happened?" Sam asked. "About a year ago, before they broke ground, one of Larry's surveyors dropped dead while on the job. Get this severe allergic reaction to bee stings," Dean said. "More bugs," Sam and I said at the same time. Dean nodded, "More Bugs." And with that, the three of us left.

...................

It was already dark, while Sam drive through the neighborhood, Dean was looking through Dad's journal. "You know, I've heard of killer bees, but killer beetles? What is it that could make different bugs attack?" I asked. "Well, hauntings sometimes include bug manifestations," Sam replied.

"Yeah, but I didn't see any evidence of ghost activity," Dean spoke. "Yeah, me neither," Sam said and I sighed. "Maybe they're being controlled somehow. You know, by something or someone," Dean said.

"You mean . . . Like Willard?" I asked. "Yeah, bugs instead of rats," Dean said. "There are cases of psychic connections between people and animals -- elementals, telepaths," Sam said. "Yeah, that whole Timmy-Lassie thing," Dean said. "Larry's kid -- he's got bugs for pets."

"Matt?" I asked. "Yeah," He said. "He did try to scare the realtor with a tarantula," Sam pointed out. "You think he's our Willard?" Dean asked. "I don't know. Anything's possible, I guess," Sam said. "He did looked interested in something." He looked at me through the front mirror with a sly smirk, "Or someone."

I looked outside the window, feeling my cheeks getting slightly pink. Dean must have noticed, "Have I missed something?" He asked. "No," I said the same time Sam said, "A little bit." Sam looked at me again and smirked.

"Ooh, hey. Pull over here," Dean said all of a sudden. Sam pulled into an empty driveway of one of the Oasis Plains homes. "What are we doing here?" Sam asked as Dean got out of the car and he walked towards the garage, "It's too late to talk to anybody else."

He pulled the door up. "Dude . . . we're gonna squat in an empty house?" I asked. "I wanna try the steam shower. Come on," Dean said but Sam didn't moved. "Come on!" Dean raised his voice slightly.

Sam sighed before pulling the car in the garage and hit Dean on his stomach and I smirked. Dean closed the door and Sam turned off the engine.

...................................

The next morning, Sam woke me up and told me that someone found dead not so far from us. After I got dressed, Sam put our bags back at the car while I went to get Dean. I walked to the bathroom door, where the shower can be heard running. I knocked on the door.

"You ever comin' out of there?" I called. "What?" Dean yelled. "Come on, Dean, Sam said that a police call came in on the scanner," I said. "Hold on," He said. "Someone was found dead three blocks from here. Come on," I said.

Dean opened the door, looking at me. The steam-filled room, with a towel on his head. "Dude, this shower is awesome," He said with a big grin. I rolled my eyes, "Just come on, Sam is waiting in the car," I said and walked off.