18.4 Something Good

We went to the office and told Michael and Asher everything. Michael grabbed the phone from the desk, "You're crazy! Just go away or I'm calling the cops," He said.

"Hang on a second," Dean said. "Just listen to me. You have to believe me, okay? This thing came through the window and it attacked your sister. I've seen it. I know what it looks like. Cause it attacked my sister once too."

Michael slowly hang up the phone. "This thing . . . is it . . . like . . . it has this long . . . black robe?" Asher spoke up. "You saw it last night didn't you?" Dean asked him. "I thought I was having a nightmare," He said, looking down.

"I'd give anything not to tell you kids this, but sometimes nightmares are real," Dean said. "So, why are you telling us?" Michael asked. "Because we need your brother's help," Dean said and looked at Asher. Michael looked at his brother as well.

"My help?" Asher asked. "We can kill it. Me and them, that's what we do. But we can't do it without you," Dean said. "What? No!" Michael said, pushing Asher slightly behind him.

"Michael, listen to me. This thing hurt Emma. And it's gonna keep hurting kids unless we stop it, understand me?" Dean said. Michael started at him, horrified.

Michael disagreed with the idea so me and my brothers were back at our room. "Well that went crappy. Now what?" Dean asked. "What did you expect? You can't ask a adult to do something like that, much less a kid," Sam said.

There was a loud knock at the door and we all turned to it. Dean opened the door and Michael and Asher stood there. Sam walked over and stood beside Dean as I got up from the bed.

"If you kill it, will Emma get better?" Michael asked Dean. Dean looked at Sam and then glanced over his shoulder at me before back at the two boys, "Honestly? We don't know."

"You said you were a big brother. Both of you," Asher said, looking between Dean and Sam. They both nodded, "Yeah, we are," Sam said. "You'd take care of your baby sister? You'd do anything for her and for each other?" Michael asked.

"Yeah we would," Dean said as Sam gave a small nod and I smiled slightly. "Us too," Michael said and took a deep breath before looking down at Asher and nodded. Asher nodded back and looked back at my brothers. "I'll help."

...................

Night had fell and Dean, Michael, Asher and I were in Asher's room. Michael and I put Asher into bed while Dean was finishing hooking up a security camera in the corner of the room, staring into the lense. Asher's hand in mine and Sam was watching the security feed on his laptop in the other room.

"This camera has night vision on it so we'll be able to see clear as day," Dean told Michael and Asher. Then he raised his voice for Sam, "Are we good?"

"A hair to the right," Sam yelled and Dean adjusted the camera. "There, there." Asher looked between Dean and me, "What do I do?"

Dean moved to sit the other side of the bed, beside Michael, "Just stay under the covers," He said. "And if it shows up?" Asher asked.

"We'll be right in the next room. We're gonna come in with guns. So, as soon as we do you roll off this bed and you crawl under it," Dean explained.

"What if you shoot him?" Michael asked, nervously. "We won't shoot him. We're good shots," I promised and looked at Asher, "We're not going to fire until you're clear okay?" Asher nodded tentatively. "Have you heard a gunshot before?"