10.3 Finding Gavin

Sam and I were wandering around, looking for Kat's boyfriend, Gavin. "Gavin!" Sam called. "Gavin?" I called. "Where's he?" Sam asked and I shrugged. "I don't know, but as soon as we find him, I'll kick his ass and his girl," I said and he chuckled.

After a little while, Sam and I walked to a room, where we fond Gavin on the ground unconscious. Sam walked to him and crouched down to shake him. "Gavin. Hey, Gavin," He said.

Gavin woke up and he freaked out. "It's okay, We here to help," I said. "Who are you?" Gavin asked. "My name is Sam and this is Scarlett," Sam said and hold his hand to him, "Uh, we found your girlfriend."

"Kat?" Gavin asked as he took Sam's hand and got up to his feet, "Is she alright?" I nodded, "Yeah," I replied. "She's worried about you. Are you okay?" Sam asked.

"I was running. I think I fell," Gavin said. "You were running from what?" I asked. "There was . . . There was this girl. Her face. It was all messed up," Gavin said.

"Okay listen, listen, did this girl . . . Did she try to hurt you?" Sam asked. "What? No, she . . . Uh . . ." Gavin started. I frowned, "She what?"

"She . . . Kissed me," He said. Sam and I exchanged confused glances before looking back at Gavin. "Uh . . . Um . . . But she didn't hurt you, physically?" Sam asked.

"Dude, she kissed me. I'm scarred for life," Gavin said and I rolled my eyes. "Well, trust me, it could have been worse," Sam said. "Now do you remember anything else?"

"She uh . . . Actually, she tried to whisper something in my ear," Gavin said. "What?" Sam and I asked at the same time. "I don't know. I ran like hell," Gavin said.

"Seriously, dude?" I asked and he just shrugged. Then, we heard a scream and we all ran to where it came from. We found Dean, trying to open a metal door, "What's going on?" I asked.

"She's inside with one of them," Dean said and Kat screamed again. "Help me!" She yelled. "Kat!" Gavin called. "Get me outta here!" Kat said.

"Kat, it's not going to hurt you. Listen to me. You've got to face it. You've got to calm down," Sam said. Dean turned to our brother, "She's gotta what?!"

"I have to what?!" Kat asked. "These spirits, they're not trying to hurt us, they're trying to communicate. You gotta face it. You gotta listen to it," I said. "You face it!" She said and I rolled my eyes. "No!" I said. "It's the only way to get out of there," Sam said.

"No!" Kat said. "Look at it, come on. You can do it," I said and it was quiet. "Kat?" Gavin asked. "Man, I hope you guys are right about this," Dean said. Sam and I exchanged glances before saying at the same time, "Yeah, me too."

We waited outside the door in tense silence. The lock clicked and the door slowly opened, reviling Kat, standing at the doorway. Gavin sighed in relief, "Oh, Kat." Dean grabbed her arm gently and pulled her out the room and Sam walked in, looking around with the flashlight.

Sam came back, shaking his head to me and Dean. "137," Kat said and we turned to her. "Sorry?" Dean asked. "It whispered in my ear," Kat said. "137." Me and my brothers looked at each other, "Room number," We said at the same time.

We looked at each other before we crouch against the wall where Dean had dropped his bag. "Alright. So if these spirits aren't trying to hurt anyone --"

"Then what are they trying to do?" Dean cut Sam off. "Maybe that's what they've been trying to tell us," I said. "I guess we'll find out," Dean said and we stood up. "Alright," Sam said and we turned to Kat and Gavin.

"So, now, are you guys ready to leave this place?" Dean asked. "That's an understatement," Kat said. "Okay," Dean said and looked at me and then at Sam, "You and Scar get them outta here," Dean said and he handed Sam the bag. "I'm going to go find room 137." He turned on the flashlight and walked off with it and his shotgun.

Sam and I leaded Kat and Gavin down a hallway. "So. How do you guys know about all this ghost stuff?" Kat asked from behind us. "It's kinda our job," I said. "Why would anyone want a job like that?" She asked.

Sam chuckled. "Had a crappy guidance counselor," He said and I smirked. "And Dean? He's your boss?" Kat asked. I frowned and Sam looked down at her before saying, "No."

We found two doors and Sam tried to open one and I tried to open the other one but it was locked. Sam and I looked at each other and he shook his head. We stuck.

"Alright. I think we have a small problem," Sam said and I sighed. "Let's break it down," Gavin said. "I don't think that's gunna work," I said.

"Then a window," He said. "They're barred," Kat said this time. "Well, how are we supposed to get out?" Gavin asked, looking between me and my brother.

"That's the point. We're not," I said. "There's something in here. It doesn't want us to leave," Sam added. "Those patients . . ." Kat started. "No," Sam said. "Something else."

Sam and I looked for another way out but we couldn't found it. We walked back to Kat and Gavin. "Alright, Scar and I've looked everywhere. There's no other way out," Sam said.

"So what the hell are we gunna do?" Gavin asked. "Well for starters, we're not gunna panic," I said. "Why the hell not!?" He asked and Sam's phone rang and he pulled it out. He answered it, "Hey. Where are you. I'm on my way."

He hang up. "Alright. Scar," He said and looked down at me, "Keep them safe, Dean called, said he in the basement." I nodded and he handed me the shotgun. I grabbed it and the bag and he walked.