9.3 More Than One

Me and my brothers, along with Missouri, walked to Jenny's house. Sam knocked on the door and after a couple of seconds, Jenny opened the door with Ritchie in her arms.

"Sam, Dean, Scarlett. What are you doing here?" She asked and we all noticed the worry written on her face. "Hey, Jenny. This is our friend, Missouri," Sam said. Missouri smiled at Jenny as she put her hand on my shoulder and Jenny returned the smile.

"If it's not too much trouble, we were hoping to show her the old house. You know, for old time's sake," Dean said. "You know, this isn't a good time. I'm kind of busy," Jenny said.

"Listen, Jenny, it's important," Dean started to protest but was cut off by Missouri, smacking him on the back of his head. "Ow!"

"Give the poor girl a break, can't you see she's upset?" She scolded him before looking back at Jenny, "Forgive this boy, he means well, he's just not the sharpest tool in the shed, but hear me out." She stepped in front of us.

"About what?" Jenny asked. "About this house," Missouri stated. "What are you talking about?" Jenny asked, confused. "I think you know what I'm talking about. You think there's something in this house, something that wants to hurt your family. Am I mistaken?" Missouri asked.

"Who are you?" Jenny asked. "We're people who can help, who can stop this thing. But you're gonna have to trust us, just a little," Missouri said. Jenny looked unsure about that, but after a couple of moments she let us in. We immediately went upstairs to Sari's room.

"If there's a dark energy around here, this room should be the center of it," Missouri said. "Why?" Sam asked. "This used to be your nursery, Sam. This is where it all happened," Missouri replied.

Sam and I glanced at the ceiling while Missouri looked around the room. I looked at Dean and saw him pulling out the EMF meter. Missouri turned to us and looked at it, "That an EMF?"

"Yeah," Dean replied. "Amateur," Missouri said and I smirked while Dean glare at her. Then he nudged me and Sam and showed us that the EMF was beeping frantically.

"I don't know if you boys should be disappointed or relieved," Missouri started as she turned to us and looked at Sam and Dean, "But this ain't the thing that took your mom."

"Wait, are you sure?" Sam asked and she nodded. "How do you know?" I asked. "It isn't the same energy I felt the last time I was here. It's somethin' different," Missouri replied.

"What is it?" Dean asked. Missouri opened the closet and stepped inside. "Not it. Them. There's more than one spirit in this place," She said. "What are they doing here?" Dean asked.

"They're here because of what happened to your family," Missouri started as she walked back to us and stopped in front of us. "You see, all those years ago, real evil came to you. It walked this house. That kind of evil leaves wounds. And sometimes, wounds get infected."

"I don't understand," Sam said. "This place is a magnet for paranormal energy. It's attracted a poltergeist. A nasty one. And it won't rest until Jenny and her babies are dead," Missouri said.

"You said there was more than one spirit," I pointed out. "There is," Missouri said as she nodded. Then she walked inside the closet again and turned to us, "I just can't quite make out the second one." She walked back to us. "Well, one thing's for damn sure -- nobody's dyin' in this house ever again," Dean said. "So whatever is here, how do we stop it?"

We went back at Missouri's house. We were sitting around her table and on it were different herbs and roots. "So, what is all this stuff, anyway?" Dean asked.

"Angelica Root, Van Van oil, crossroad dirt, a few other odds and ends," Missouri said. "Yeah? What are we supposed to do with it?" Dean asked. "We're gonna put them inside the walls in the north, south, east, west corners on each floor of the house," Missouri replied.

"We'll be punchin' holes in the dry wall. Jenny's gonna love that," Dean said sarcastically. "She'll live," Missouri pointed out. "And this'll destroy the spirits?" I asked.

"It should," Missouri replied. "It should purify the house completely. We'll each take a floor. But we work fast. Once the spirits realize what we're up to, things are gonna get bad."

...................

It was night by the time when we went back to Jenny's house. Missouri convinced Jenny, even though she was still unsure of the plan leaving us alone, to take the kids out.

Now, we had to be fast. I was at the upstairs, while Sam went to the attic, Dean took the kitchen and Missouri took the basement.

I walked inside Jenny's bedroom with a hammer. I kneeled down by the wall and used the end of the hammer to hit against the walls. Then, I used the hammer and hit the wall, making a hold.

All of a sudden, I heard something crashing to the floor and I turned to see what it was. But then something wrapped around my neck and I tried to scream but I couldn't. I tried to get it off but I couldn't so I fell to the floor. I tried to grabbed the bag so I could put it inside the wall but no use.

I fell again and tried with both of my hands to get off what was wrapped strongly around my neck. "Scarlett!" I heard my brothers calling but I couldn't replied. I heard their footsteps, running and they came to my side, trying to get off what was wrapped around my neck. Dean grabbed the bag of herbs and kicked my hole to much bigger and put the bag inside.

A blinding white light left the room. Once the spirit is gone, Dean came back over to me and Sam. I was gasping for air as Sam and Dean unraveled the cord, that was wrapped, from my neck and they both pulled me to a fierce hug. "You okay," Sam said.