First Day

Monday morning was utter chaos. They all, by some coincidence, had to be at work at 10:00 in the morning. The group of twelve had set their alarms set for 8:00. They wanted to have time to get showered, dressed, and eat breakfast. Twelve people, five bathrooms, and no one liked to cook. It was a recipe for disaster.

    Ren sat back with a cup of coffee watching the scene before him. He had woken up at 5:00, as was usual for him during the weekdays. He told the guys to wake up earlier than the girls, now they were all waiting for one of them to get out of the shower. Ren stood back up, his break over, and headed back down to the shop. On his way out he handed Naruto an envelope.

    After about an hour and a half, they group was finished with their morning routines. Some were excited, some were nervous, and some had no feelings for their first day of work. Everyone left, heading to cross the interstate to get to the mall. They all couldn't help but wonder what their first day of work would be like.

***

    "Okay, class!" Jade clapped her hands to get the attention of all the people gathered in the room, though most of them continued their conversations in hushed tones. "Today we're going to be doing something different." That seemed to get their attention. "One of my very good friends, is going to be taking over for today. If anyone happens to like what he teaches, you'll be able to sign up for his new class, which will be held in room 4, the room across the hall." With that she motioned for Deidara to step forward and address the class.

    "Hello my name is Deidara, and I'll be taking over for today," he said a bit nervously. Jade gave him a thumbs up, from her seat behind the desk at the front of the class. "Instead of your usual class, where Jade teaches you all how the basics of sketching, I will be teaching you all how to sculpt. Does anyone have any questions?" He let his blue eyes roam over the classroom. One woman decided to speak up.

    "So, this is going to be like pottery?" How dare she confuse my art, with pottery! Katsu!

    "No. Sculpting is different from pottery. We will not use a spin table. Any more questions?" When no one else spoke up, he started with the lesson. "In front of you all, should be a few packages of sculpting clay. Before you all start molding, be sure to press out any and all air bubbles. If there are any air pockets in your finished product, it will explode when we place it in the kiln to harden."

    "Can you show us an example of one of your sculptures?"

    Deidara smirked his boyish smirk. He walked over to the front desk, and picked up a lump of clay. Making sure not to use his hand mouths, he started pressing out all the air bubbles before molding the clay. When he was finished, he held up a very detailed dragon. Jade was proud.

    "Remember class. Art... is a bang!" The class started clapping, and immediately got to work.

***

    "Excuse me, miss. Do you think you could help me out a bit," a woman had asked her, looking confused.

    "Alright. What do you need," Sakura replied, excited to be helping her fist customer of the day.

    "You see, my daughter's birthday is coming up, and I was wondering if you could help me pick out an outfit for her."

    "I would be happy to help," she smiled. "Do you know what she likes?"

    "If I did, I wouldn't be asking," the woman replied smarmily. "I only have an hour lunch break before i need to get back."

    "Of course," Sakura replied, her left eye twitching. She could not be rude to a customer, so with a forced smile like she was instructed to do so as she continued, "How old is your daughter turning? What size does she wear?"