Dinner Disaster

Finally Saturday, the day everyone had been waiting for, had come. Well, not exactly. Jade wanted to get the upcoming 'family' dinner over and done with. She could not wait to be rid of her father, his whore, and the annoying twins from hell.

The twins had been spending the majority of their time tormenting Jade and the others. Abigail had taken an immediate liking to Deidara. Every chance she got, she would cling onto his arm, and whisper seductively into his ear. She was constantly sending him flirty smiles, and giving him soft inappropriate touches. Though she never received her desired reactions from the blonde, she kept on trying. It took everything the blond man had to not rip the Abigail's arm off every time he felt her hand slide slowly up his thigh; it was at that time that he and Itachi seemed to come together in a silent agreement. Whenever the Uchiha saw that the girl was going to make a move he would warn the blond and help him make an escape.

Carter was his usual self, with his goofy playboy attitude and constantly flashing his charming smile. Sadly, had none of the girls been friends with Jade and had met him by chance, he could have swept any one of them off their feet. That morning he was once again flirting with Sakura. Luckily for her, Alex was stopping by for a visit at work, and while she couldn't do anything against Carter, it didn't mean Alex couldn't. After being stared down by Sakura's boyfriend, he decided she wasn't worth it and moved on to the other girls. After that, he made his way to Kim's work place. He wasn't even able to get a word in before he was being dragged away by an all too eager Sasuke.

After a long morning that seemed to drag on, the ragtag group made it back to the loft where they lazed around in the living room, each doing their own thing trying to make time pass faster. Sasuke and Naruto pushed the ottomans in front of the TV to play video games. Hinata and Sakura were seated at th coffee table doing some research about the new world they found themselves in on Jade's laptop. Hana, Itachi, and Deidara sat in a circle on the floor playing slapjack with Itachi winning and Deidara sporting a bright red hand. Konan and Nagato sat huddled together on the sofa utilizing Kim's laptop. Kim sat on the new sofa that was added to the living room reading a mystery novel with Kakashi sitting beside her reading a book of his own.

Jade was experiencing what she believed to be a mild panic attack. She didn't want to spend her evening with her 'family.' In an attempt to calm her nerves, she tried to keep her mind off the dinner that was sure to end in disaster. Standing at the entrance to her closet, she took a deep breath before rifling through its contents. Before she even realized it she had a complete outfit laid out on her bed. Needing to keep busy, she made her way into the others' rooms and did the same for them.

All too soon it was time to head to the restaurant. They all squeezed in to Ren's truck and Jade's car. Some of them had to sit on others laps to make enough room for the rest. Almost everyone argued the whole twenty-something minute ride to the restaurant they were supposed to meet Jade's family at.

They parked in an underground parking garage, opting to walk the rest of the way. Arriving at their destination, the others waited on Jade and Kim to catch up. Jade had been having bad feelings ever since she woke up that morning. She could just feel it in the air, or maybe it was just in her head.

"You okay," Kim asked, extending her hand toward the blonde.

"I'll be fine," Jade assured her friend after taking a deep breath to calm herself. She straightened out her dress one last time, squared her shoulder, and grabbed Kim's hand. The two girls regrouped with the others that were waiting outside the French restaurant, they walked inside.

"We had a reservation under Rose," Ren informed the hostess. The hostess looked to the computer screen in front of her, grabbed thirteen menus, and handed them to a waitress, who led them to their table, which was located in a privet room. Once seated, she took their drink orders, and left.