The Reason Why

It was late at night, around two in the morning. There were no sounds in the house save for the howl of the wind outside. All occupants of the house lay in bed sound asleep, all except for one.

He couldn't sleep. No matter how hard he tried, sleep just seemed to evade the white haired man. He would have read a book until he fell asleep but thanks to some rule stating that he couldn't read one of his beloved books in the room at night, he didn't. It also didn't help much that the younger Uzumaki slept practically on top of him, quietly snoring into his ear. He resorted to walking aimlessly around the loft while reading his book.

Without realizing where he was going, he soon found himself taking the stairs and coming to a stop in front of a door he often found himself visiting. Slowly pushing the door open, he peered inside. A stream of moonlight shining through the closed window highlighting the form of the sleeping girl on the bed. Leaning against the doorframe, he studied the girl's prone form. She was small, small compared to him and most others; she was a few inches taller than his pink haired student and the blue haired girl. Although, in time, those two would probably end up taller than her. She had naturally peach colored skin with a light tan from all her time outdoors, though at the moment her skin was pale. Her long ebony colored hair was spread out over her pillow with her bangs hanging over her twitching eyes.

"I know you're awake," he stated. He felt something inside him relax at the sight of her moving to sit up. She was alright. Silently, so as not to wake anyone, he walked into the room shutting the door behind him. "How long have you been up?"

"I woke up for, like, ten minutes a few hours ago, but then I fell asleep again. I only just woke up when you opened the door," was her quiet rasp of a reply, her voice, more than likely, hoarse from not having used it in a few days. She also purposely left out the part where she had removed the catheter along with the pee bag. "What happened? All I remember was, trying to get back to the loft, falling, a lot of pain, and then everything went black."

"When you fell, you fell on an open tool box," he began as he took a seat at the edge of her bed. "When hit the box, you were impaled by a wrench, which we only know because it was in you hand when I found you. You must have pulled it out on reflex before passing out. You had lost a lot of blood by the time they were able to get your wound closed. They had to give you an emergency blood transfusion."

"But my dad isn't here. I don't even think he's a type match. How? Where did-"

"Itachi and Sasuke donated. Since they're brothers, they were both matches. Which was a good thing since you needed twice the amount of blood a single person could give."

"Why am I in my room? Shouldn't I been in the hospital? I'm confused," she asked all in one breath. Her head was starting to hurt.

"Sakura is a highly trained medic. She performed the transfusion and healed your stomach wound with Hana's help, though she didn't have all the tools she needed. She ended up using a technique that would normally extract poison to withdraw the blood, and then transfer it to you. Your left arm was broken, and your shoulder was dislocated. She healed everything, although you might feel a burning/tingling sensation along your shoulder blades.

He watched her face to see what kind of reaction she might have. She had seemed a bit confused at first, and then her face changed into a fort of dazed expression. He gently pushed her back down onto the bed when she tried to stand up.

"I have to pee," she explained, once again making a move to stand. He nodded in understanding, and helped her to stand. He face contorted into one of irritation at the soreness her body experienced. At first she was a bit wobbly on her feet, but with the help of Kakashi she made it to the bathroom door. "I'm sure I can make it to the toilet on my own." It was only after she had closed the door that she realized she was only wearing a long baseball shirt that just barely covered the important parts which were feeling rather breezy.