Mommy Dearest

When Itachi and Hana rejoined the others, it took everyone a few minutes to figure out why they seemed happier than usual. When they did, the new couple was swarmed by their friends as they gave their congratulations to the happy couple. The girls pulled Hana to the side and asked for all the juicy details. The guys congratulated Itachi with pats on the back and asked him how he did it. Deidara was amazed that the ever stoic Uchiha managed to get a girlfriend, but then again the Uchiha and Inuzuka were once lovers when they were younger.

After all the gossiping was over, they decided that it was time to head back to the hotel. They made the short trek back to the lockers they had rented to get their things and redress. On the walk back to their rooms, they stopped to eat dinner at the outdoor barbecue and seafood place that the resort had near the beach.

They were all seated around a large round table by their hostess. The table was situated atop a square wooden mat and was decorated with a white linen table cloth, with orange cloth napkins, white plates and bowls rimmed with orange and gold with the resort's logo in the center, and polished silver cutlery. In the center of the table was a basket of flowers native to the island.

"Why are the tables here so big," Konan asked confused. Everywhere they had gone they were able to all sit at the table comfortably.

"Latin families are usually large. There's the parents, however many children they have, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends," Ren explained, receiving nothing but blank stares from his ragtag group of delinquents which he returned with a pointed glance. "Don't give me those looks." Everyone went back to looking at their menus.

"We would like to give a warm welcome to our special guest of honor, the lovely and beautiful Bianca Garcia!" The was a round of applause. "She will be here for the New Year's Eve fashion show showcasing all the newest fashions of the new season. Then she will be performing an original song at the New Year's Countdown Party," a man spoke into a microphone, once in Spanish then a second time in English. He was standing at a table that was seating five other people. He gestured to a woman, and she stood up. She had light slightly tanned flawless skin, straight golden brown hair that fell down to her thin waist. Long slim legs put her at five foot eight inches tall, well-endowed figure, but her most noticeable and striking features were her icy blue eyes lined in gray.

"She's hot," Nagato declared, and Naruto had to agree with him. Konan smacked the two upside the head from where she sat between them. The girls looked on at the gorgeous woman with envy, while Kim eyes were set in a hard glare. Ren choked on his drink. He looked over at his daughter, his eyes filled with worry, unsure of how she would react to the sudden a presence of her mother. She was relatively calm save for the scowl marring her features.

Ren watched as his daughter stealthily plucked a dinner roll, smothered in butter, off of Naruto's plate, took aim and fired with great speed. The dinner roll sailed through the air and landed on the woman's bright yellow sun dress. Bianca startled at the direct hit and jumped up and out of her seat in surprise, which made the piece of bread fall off leaving a large grease stain behind. Everyone snapped their heads in mild shock to face Kim, who acted as if she had not just thrown buttered bread at an international super model and sat back taking a sip of her drink.

Soon everyone put the little bread throwing incident out of their minds at the arrival of their food. They talked about their day and the things that they planned to do the next day, which it turned out that they all wanted to go to the private beach. A waiter had gone to their table to ask them if the food was to their liking when Naruto told him of it being Hinata's birthday. The boy left and he came back with a chocolate cake decorated with three sparklers, and they had somehow gotten everyone in the restaurant to sing her happy birthday. The shy girl blushed at all the attention she was getting, and sighed in relief when it was over, smiling as she was handed the first slice of cake.