Devil's Children

"Nagato," Ren called out to the little redheaded boy. When said boy came running up to him, and asked to be taken to the bathroom, Ren knew that his mind had reverted back to that of a five year old's. He took the little boy to the restroom to do his business and then sent him back to play with the others. The man then threw himself on the sofa in the living room while letting out a groan of frustration.

At first the children were adorable, but after a few hours they started to get a bit out of hand. Even Itachi and Sasuke were acting up and running all over the place with the others. He had to admit that the bright smiles on their faces were too adorable. Then there was the childlike innocence and the gleams of excitement in their eyes as they all played together. Though there were a few times that they got into little squabbles with each other or threw temper tantrums when they didn't get what they wanted, but that was quickly and easily resolved.

There was one little five year old that chose not to play with the others. He just so happened to be the smallest of his age group. The little boy with the spiky white hair was sitting on the sofa flipping through the channels at a rapid pace, nearly giving Ren a headache (that was when he found out how the others felt when he could not decide on what to watch.) When Kakashi got bored with channel surfing he got up to walk around. He found some of Kim's old school textbooks. There were a bunch of different subjects for him to read about, subjects he never even heard of; Greek Mythology, Phycology, Sociology, Criminology, English Literature, Math, Science, Spanish, French, Music, World History, World Geography, Biology, Human Anatomy, and Chemistry among many others.

What confused Ren was the fact that he seemed to be reading and understanding the upper high school and college level texts. He watched as the little boy flipped through the pages skimming over its contents or reading at an accelerated pace.

Kakashi got the feeling that he was being watched. He put his finger on the spot where he was reading, and looked over to the man that was staring intensely at him. He blinked and leaned back on the sofa.

"Why are you staring at me," he asked bluntly with a slight glare. Kakashi knew that the man was hiding something from him. Why would the Hokage randomly ask some man from a barely developing village to watch over him and a few others? Two of which belonged to the Uchiha clan, two from the Uzumaki clan and one of them who apparently had the Rinnegan? Also what had happened to his left eye, and why was it replaced with a Sharingan? Why was he getting flashes of events that never happened? One moment he would have complete clarity and then he would go back to being confused.

"Don't give me attitude boy," Ren warned. It seemed to have no effect on the kid, seeing as he gave the tan skinned man a blank stare. Said man rolled his eyes and let out a sigh. "Can you even understand what's in those books?"

"Yes. All Genin are able to read," the boy replied while flipping a page in the World Geography book he was reading. "Why are we here?"

"I already told you. You guys are here because the Hokage ask-"

"According to the maps I found in this book, we are not in the Elemental Nations. Apparently they do not exist, and we're in the United States of America. In Texas along the gulf coast to be more precise," Kakashi informed crossing his arms and staring the man down. Even though the white haired boy was just that, a boy, his glare still had Ren on edge. Ren really missed the older easy going version of the guy, the version that could have possibly given him grandchildren.

"Wait," Ren said, brely understanding something the kid had said. "You're a Genin? I thought kids could only graduate from the ninja academy when they were twelve, and you can't even enroll until you're seven."

"I was allowed to enroll early, and I graduated after I took the exit exam," the boy said lazily, flipping another page in the book. "Will you tell me what happened," he demanded.