Bright Light

Two weeks had passed and everything was still the same, although there was something strange that had happened. Five days after they had been transformed into ten month olds, they had grown rapidly to eighteen month olds. If Ren said he did not enjoy it, then he would be lying. The man was having the time of his life playing and caring for them, although he didn't enjoy changing their dirty diapers. He had always wanted the chance to be able to have been there for his daughter while she was still but a mere child, and it was like a dream come true for him.

The day would start with him waking up extra early to make them breakfast, waking them up, feeding them, and then cleaning their messy faces and changing their clothes. Once they were cleaned up, he would then get the dressed and ready to start the day ahead of them, which mainly consisted of them playing with each other while he worked downstairs. When lunchtime and dinnertime came, he would feed them and then clean them up.

When he took them to the park for the first time, he thought it would be all fun and games. He was proven wrong almost immediately. For one year olds, they ran pretty fast. Deidara always found his way to mud puddles, and he would challenge Itachi to some type of game where the two of them ended up covered in mud from head to toe. Naruto and Kim were the hardest to control, considering that the two never really had anyone to play with growing up. Jade, Konan, and Sakura would all get together and play pretend. Hana would be seen running around with the dogs that would go to the park. Kakashi would always climb to the tallest point of the playground and look at everyone down below. One of the mothers there told Ren that he only did that to feel big because he was the smallest out of the group. Sasuke would sit and pretend to attack the others with a green dinosaur that seemed to come out of nowhere. Nagato would run around shouting something that sounded like 'I'm a god.'

Currently they were all playing around in the living room while Ren tried to watch his favorite shows on the TV. Jade had discovered her closet that was filled with clothes, and wanted to play dress up and mommy and daddy. Nagato only agreed to play with her because he got to wear a hat, and Hana had ended up playing the baby. Konan and Sakura would play all sorts of games with the dolls, and would use, thankfully washable, markers to put makeup on them.

Kakashi was sitting on the sofa reading one of the children's books he had found in the pile of toys. He would look at the pictures and make up his own story. Pakkun was sitting beside him listening to the white haired boy tell his story until he fell asleep. Itachi and Deidara were racing their toy cars all over the floor, wall, and whatever else the cars could roll on. Every time one of them lost, the other would call for a rematch a rematch.

Kim and Naruto had taken all the giant Lego blocks and built a giant castle with a wall around it. Kim had forced Hinata into one Jade's sparkly shirts that fit her like a dress, and made her be the princess. Sasuke played the part of the evil dinosaur, with the green stuffed dinosaur that seemed to come out of nowhere, trying to destroy the kingdom and capture the princess. Naruto and Kim would throw blocks at the evil dinosaur to keep him away.

Ren watched them play with a smile on his face. He wished they could stay like that forever, but he knew that they had to return to their original ages eventually. He knew that the ninja had to return to their home to take care of some unfinished business.

Before he knew it Naruto had gotten all the others to join him in singing the 'if you're happy, and you know it' song. Ren cursed the child at the park who taught them that song. The first time they all sang it, it was adorable, the second time it was cute, the third it was nice, but after hearing them sing it the tenth time in a row, it was beyond irritating. He threw himself back on the sofa releasing a groan that sounded as if he were in pain.

"Kakashi," the man called out. The white haired little boy stopped his singing, and turned to look at him with curiosity-filled eyes. "Please do the jutsu that'll turn you guys back to normal." Ren's hands were covering his ears. The kids singing seemed to have gotten louder. They thought that if they sang louder it would make up for the fact that they messed up some of the words.