Nagato's List (Part One)

"Since you guys took the bell test instead of completing your 'mission' like planned, you're going to be completing it today," Kakashi droned. He picked Pakkun up off of the ground and held him around the stomach under his front legs. "You will have four hours to catch him. Use any means necessary. Be creative. Begin!" With that he set the pug down. Pakkun shot a smirk at the 'Genin team' and raced off into the woods.

    Two hours later, they had regrouped back in the clearing. Half of their allotted time had passed, and they had only caught glimpses of the little brown dog. They tried going at it separately and as a whole, but the little dog outsmarted them each time. Jade had chased the little dog and fell into the lake, and was soaked to the bone. Ren was led through a maze of trees and had come across an enraged bee colony. Pakkun had tripped Kim twice, the first time into more cacti and the second into a mud pit.

    They needed a new plan and fast. The only visible part of Kim through the mud was her eyes and her hair was caked onto her head. Jade was dripping wet and shivering. Ren had bee stings covering most of his body, and was grateful to the fact that he was not allergic.

    It was like a light bulb went off inside of Ren's and Jade's heads. The two gave each other wicked smiles, and looked down at Kim, who was trying to take out the little spikes from her arms. Ren grabbed her by the waist and threw her over his shoulder, then he, with Jade trailing behind, ran inside the loft. The others could only watch in confusion.

    Thirty minutes later they returned outside. Kim was clean and her hair was dripping wet. Ren was holding a container in his hands. As soon as they reached the clearing Jade forced Kim to lie down on the ground, and spread her hair out behind her. Jade then took the container, opened it, and then placed it on the ground next to Kim's hair. Kim had her arms crossed and was frowning. Once it was opened the scent of bacon reached the others' noses. Ren then took off his shirt and used it to fan out the scents.

    Deep in the woods, a delicious mouthwatering scent had reached the super sensitive nose of certain Nin-dog. Pakkun sniffed the air. It smelt of his two favorite scents, Kim's cherry scented shampoo and crispy bacon. He followed his nose and was led back to the clearing. There he saw Kim lying on the ground with her hair spread out and a bowl full of bacon next to her. He was a weak dog, and ran full speed to his prize. He snuggled in her hair and started to munch on the crispy pieces of bacon.

    Kakashi face palmed, expecting much more from his ninken. Kim's face contorted in slight pain as the pug pulled her hair. The others broke out into laughter at it all. The Hatake walked over to where his summon was and pick him up, the he offered a hand to Kim and pulled her up to her feet.

    "What happened to 'I'm not going to let them get me,' ne Pakkun," Kakashi asked rhetorically.

***

    After all the craziness of the early morning, everyone had gathered in the living room. Naruto flipped through the tv channels and somehow ended up stopping on one of the many Christmas movies that they were giving, which happened to be Four Christmases.

    "We really should put up decorations," Jade muttered, remembering the bare state of the shop and loft, not once taking her eyes away from the movie. Hazel eyes glittered, taking in the fully decorated houses and Christmas trees.

    "Yeah Dad, when are we going Christmas shopping," Kim asked, putting her hair up into a messy bun, in hopes of getting Pakkun to stay away. It took three washes to get rid of all the excess beacon grease the pug had dripped into her hair.

    "I don't know, whenever," the questioned man replied, not once looking up from his tablet's screen. "You're gonna need to get new lights, most of them blew during the power outage last year. The rest of the stuff should be in the front closet."