Invasion

A moment of silence passed between the two groups. The only thing they could hear was the howling wind through the broken windows, and the sound of heavy footsteps ascending the stairs at a sedate pace. The doorknob to the front door of the loft turned slowly and the door was pushed open. In walked a man wearing a uniform similar to the others who had the group surrounded. He had a strong body build and was tall at about six feet. His dark brown hair had hints of gray that suggested that he was not as young as the other men, but had a lot more experience than the others. There was a scar running diagonally downwards on his left cheek, starting from the inner corner of his eye near his nose, and made its way towards his jaw line. He bore a no-nonsense expression and his eyes were cold and calculating.

When he entered the room, the men that were surrounding the group parted like the Red Sea, creating a path that would lead him to stand directly in from of them. As he walked forward his posture was straight and they could see his muscles tensing. He had his arms folded behind him. The sound of his heavy combat boots hitting the ground echoed in the silence, and came to halt as he stood directly in front of the group.

A man holding up a shield slowly shuffled over to the intimidating man, never once taking his eyes off of the group that stood in the middle of the living room. Shakily he pulled out a folder from his pants, and handed it to the man. "I-It's the file you a-asked for, s-s-sir," the lank man managed to get out, cowering back when the man turned his hard glare on him. The Sargent snatched the folder out of the younger man's hand in one swift movement, not saying a word.

The group watched as the man opened the folder and started to skim its contents. No one missed the subtle glances he would send in their direction. On the pages he was glancing at, there were their photos of all of them paper clipped to the upper left corner. They each had a few pages filled out with their information along with all the strange occurrences that happened while they were around, among other things. He closed the folder with a snap in his right hand. He folded his arms behind his back, and began to circle around the group. Every time he would walk in front of someone he would pause, and look them up and down. For some reason, he seemed to linger in front of Ren the longest.

"Did you think we wouldn't find you," he spoke with a smirk. "We've been watching you all for some time now."

"Hn," Sasuke grunted with a smirk of his own. The man with the graying hair snapped his head over to the dark haired boy with the odd hairstyle. He strode over to stand before the boy and looked him in the eyes, getting uncomfortably close. Itachi and Sakura, who were standing on either side of him, touched one of his arms, silently telling him not to do anything stupid.

The man looked Sasuke directly in the eyes, and glared. He would never admit it, but he didn't like the way the boy didn't show any reaction. Sasuke's face remained impassive as he seemed to stare right on through the man. Sasuke was not intimidated by the man in the least. Giving the boy one final glare, which only served to make the boy smile, the man turned on his heel and began walking around the group again.

"Mister what do you want from us," Naruto whined at the man, the first to get fed up with the silence and lack of communication. Everyone had to fight the urge to face palm. Leave it to Naruto to demand answers while they were all surrounded and being held at gunpoint. Though they had to admit, they were curious as to why they were being surrounded. It was all so unexpected. No one had thought they would be discovered, and they felt ashamed of themselves for not noticing that they were being watched.

Kakashi had to fight the urge to face palm a second time as he chanced a glance at the short ebony haired girl that was standing between him and the Inuzuka. He had remembered the series of questions she had once asked him when they first met.