Nagato's List (Part Two)

"Number thirteen; walk up to complete strangers and say, "Hi! I haven't seen you in so long!" etc. See if they play along to avoid embarrassment. Who's going to do this one," Nagato asked, eyeing the one person who had yet to take a turn. Everyone turned to face the white haired man of the group.

"What," Kakashi asked, looking at them with feigned confusion etched onto his face. He had been avoiding this moment.

"Boss, you're next," Pakkun said poking his head out of Jade's purse, making some kids squeal excitedly at the sight of the little doggie. Nagato reread what he had to do, and Kakashi was off to find his victim. He found a random man who looked to be in his mid-to-late twenties.

"Hey! I haven't seen you in so long," he exclaimed, playing his part as he casually strode up to the man. The guy looked up at him, question marks seemingly spouting over his head.

"I don't..." the man trailed off, not knowing what to do at the sudden arrival of the blond. It seemed he knew him from somewhere, but his mind drew a blank. "What's your name again?"

"Kakashi, Kakashi Hatake. We went to high school together," Kakashi explained coming to a stop before his target. He couldn't see the others, aside from Kim, but he knew they were watching, making sure he played his part. "I was the transfer student from Japan. We had gym class together, and I ended up breaking my arm when we tried to ditch class and escape through the window."

"That's right! Kashi, how could I forget you? I'm really sorry about your arm though." Why did he have to play along? Why couldn't he have just walked away and called him a freak? "I never really was the best climber."

"It's alright."

"What brings you back here? Last I heard you went back to Japan."

"Oh I got lost on the road of life and ended up here, and decided not to leave." He made brief eye contact with Kim, silently pleading for her to get him out of the strange situation. She avoided his stare and went to look at a rack of clothing.

"Ah! She's a keeper," the man said, following the blond's gaze.

"Excuse me?" Kakashi's attention snapped back to the man, his neck popping in the process.

"The girl that's keeping you here." He motioned to Kim with his shoulder. "It was nice catching up with you, but the wife is waiting on me." The man clamped a hand down on the Hatake's shoulder, flashing him a sincere smile. "Oh, and congratulations on the baby." With that said he walked away.

"Kashi, how could I forget you," Kim mocked as Kakashi walked over to her, only to stop when she saw the stricken expression her friend wore. "Are you okay?"

"You do realize where you're standing, right?" He watched as her dark eyes took in their surroundings, becoming more and more confused.

"Babies are cute." He shot her a glare, to which she just smiled nervously. She didn't understand why standing in the baby department would weird out the man.

"Nevermind."

***

"Alright! Number fourteen, while walking through the clothing department, ask yourself, loud enough for all to hear, "Who buys this crap, anyway?" Who's up to bat?"

"I've got it," Konan said. She walked to the clothing department. Walking straight through she looked at all the clothes and made a face at what she saw. Then just loud enough for her voice to carry she asked herself, "Who buys this crap, anyway?" Some of the people that were looking at the clothes started to mutter and put the things that they were looking at back. The blue haired girl felt a little bad, it's not like there was anything wrong with the clothes. She walked back to the group. "Next?"