3| Remnants of Humanity

"Just like the Prophecy says, the test subjects from Hyakuya came...and there are two of them."

Yuu and Shiro looked up to the owner of the voice and saw a tall man in black and red suit.

"You brats, we're going to use you to exterminate those vampires."

The two kids walked up to him and hugged his torso as they fell on the ground that is filled with pile of snow.

"Bring it on, if I could kill those vampires...I would do anything!"

"Me too...I couldn't forgive them for killing our family..."

Shortly afterwards, Yuu and Shiro looked at the place surprised, as both of them turned to the tall people.

"What's going on? I thought that the human race was annihilated!"

"I thought all of the adults died...?"

"Did you hear that from the vampires? Well, it's true that the virus reduced the world population to 1/10, and thanks to the Trumpets of the Apocalypse, weird monsters started roaming around the earth." he explained as it was too hard to take for the children who just came out of the vampire reigns.

"The resurrection of mankind has already begun, we are gathering the remnants of humanity in order to control the world."

"Who are you?" Yuu asked.

"I'm Ichinose Guren, the lieutenant colonel of the Japanese Imperial Demon Army."

The man introduced himself to the small children as all they could do was just stare at him, confused.

"If you two come with me, you can kill those vampires." Guren said as he ordered one of his teammates to put a jacket on the kids to warm them up.

"You two hate the vampires, right?"

"I hate them,"

"Same here."

"Then you guys come with me, I'll give you two the power you need."

The two of them grabbed his hand despite the blood stained on their palms and shook each of it.

"But you two will be working on your own, individually." the two of them nodded under his circumstances, as their comebacks have begun.

Y U U I C H I R O U

I see the same scene every time I close my eyes, I see the smiling faces of my friends, my comrades, my precious family, and then...I see them being murdered by a vampire.

To this day, even after four years, if I close my eyes, that scene still comes back to haunt me.

"Private Hyakuya! What are you doing here? You need to leave now!"

"Who do you think you're talking to? I live for nothing but revenge against those blood suckers." i said as I turned to them while unsheathing my blade from the cover.

"What an I going to do if I can't handle a small fry like this monster?"

I began to run and attacked the Four Horsemen of John as I pierced my blade in it's skin as I slashed it and blood rained down from it.

**************

It's been four years since I last saw Shiro, I was wondering how is she, hoping that she is fine by her own as I was staring at the window next to my seat.