22| Lost and Insecure

Yuu and Shiro had finally reached the human world as their squad greeted them with happiness and relief, since it was night time currently, Shiro stayed with her saviour tonight.

"So this is where you live," Shiro said as Yuu hummed in reply, they finally reached his apartment as he unlocked the doors as they entered the place.

"Are you hungry, Shiro?" Yuu asked the white haired girl.

She shook her head, "i'm not hungry or anything—" she was cut off by her stomach that growled loudly causing her to blushed furiously.

"You say that, but your stomach says otherwise." he slyly said as i looked down on the ground.

He laughed while ruffling my hair, "let's see what we have," he said as he walked up to the refrigerator to see the ingredients inside.

There were some vegetables; onions, carrots, potatoes, and few meats; beef, pork, chicken. Yuu turned to Shiro who beside him, looking at the open fridge.

"This is all I got, can you make something with these?" he asked as she looked up and smiled at him.

"Yeah, this is enough for cooking curry!" she beamed as Yuu's eyes sparkled brightly.

"You're cooking curry?!" he asked.

She nodded and started walking up to the kitchen. Grabbing the clean white apron on the station, and tying it around her waist.

Yuu just watched her chop the carrots using a kitchen knife, then putting it in the pot that is on the stove, every move that she makes was very fluent.

After repeating the same method all over again, she finally finished the dish as she placed it on the table while smiling at the drooling Yuu.

"It's done!" she cheered as the two of them sat down on the table, she already prepared the utensils on the table earlier.

"Itadakimasu," both of them said as they started eating the newly cooked curry that Shiro made.

>>Time Skip>>

"Your cooking is really top notch," Yuu complimented her cooking skills as he took a seat on the coach.

"You're exaggerating, but thanks a lot for the comment." Shiro giggled as she took a seat beside him after washing the dishes.

"I've tasted various dishes before but, yours are my favourite."

"Thank you. Sayuri-san taught me how to cook, i frequently cook dishes for Guren-san and the others."

The black haired smiled at her, "is that true? Then...I wish you would sometimes cook my dishes," he said while lightly scratching his cheek.

"Sure, as long as you have the ingredients. I wouldn't mind cooking." she said, in her surprised, Yuu didn't replied.

She looked up to him and saw Yuu staring at her, not actually directly at her, but the wound in her neck.

"Are you alright? You have marks in your neck." Yuu asked as he reached down to touch her neck.

"Oh, that? Mika sipped my blood..."

Silence, Yuu didn't replied for awhile while he examined her neck, it wasn't infected or anything and the bleeding have stopped, except there were marks on her bare skin.

"I thought my wounds have already healed...guess it works different in battle scars and vampire bites." Shiro said as her healing abilities weren't working so well that she thought.