15| Shattered

M I K A E L A

"How's Tokyo? It's been a while since you came here, right?" i turned my head as i saw Ferid talking to me.

"Weren't you moved when you came here? Furthermore, there is a chance that you can meet Yuu and Shiro in this drastic place." he added as i bit my lower lip while staring at the humans whose blood is being sipped by my fellow vampires.

"Aren't you going to drink blood? If i were you, i would drink it when we're out on war since you can't drink directly from a human in our city."

"You broke the law and drank my blood, Ferid Bathory."

"Don't say that, you'll hurt my reputation, Mika-kun... aren't you the one who asked me to drink your blood? Then you even stole the map and the gun from my mansion."

"Thanks to you, my family was killed for your pastime."

"Aw, you're still upset about that when your a vampire now?"

We stared at each other's eyes for awhile, there was a moment of silence before i speak once again.

"No, I'm only upset that I couldn't protect my own family." i huffed as i went down from my seat.

"And then? Are you going to protect your last two family members, Hyakuya Yuu and Hyakuya Shiro?"

He began to laugh as i lifted my heel and started walking away, pissed.

"Oh, you do need to drink a human's blood. You know what happens to a vampire who don't get enough blood."

He reminded me once again, i ignored him while i walked through the place that many human beings have fallen, their bloods coloured the pavements, i bit my lower lip to control my urge to drink a drip of blood.

'I-I'm not going to drink any blood, not before I meet those two...'

"But... how long will I be able to pass by without drinking blood?"

I shook my head and continued walking through the pavements.

Flashback

"Drink their blood and your cells will stop moving, Mika. Afterwards, you'll become a vampire."

"I-I don't plan on becoming a vampire!"

"You say that, but your body is craving for it, no?"

The person who's talking to me is the vampire queen, Krul Tepes, she stood up from her throne and walked up to me.

"Your whole body must be in pain, you must be really, really thirsty."

She told me to drink the boy's blood whose at the same age as me, but in the end I still refused.

"Then I'll give you another option, drink my blood and survive."

She said as she cut her wrist, the blood poured down in the glass of wine, then she handed me the glass of her own blood.

"Don't fight it, drink it."

I slapped her hand as she dropped the glass of blood, the shattered glass clattered on the floor while it was painted with the colour of red.

"I'm not becoming one of you!"

She didn't spoke as i began to pant harder, then without another word, she stood up as i saw her blood dripped on the red carpet.