14| Battlefield

"The vampire attack is still continuing, civilians should quickly evacuate to the east defensive barrier."

"What's going on?!" Yuu asked as he and his teammates were running through the hallways.

"It's exactly what they said, the vampires are attacking." Shinoa said, suddenly a plane crashed in the building making everyone stopped in tracks to watch it explode.

Then the plane stopped in mid air as a missile went out of it's gear. "let's go." Shiro said as she jumped off the building while the others followed her.

"Damn it, this is absolutely war!"

"The vampires in Kanto region plan to destroy the Japanese Imperial Demon Army."

After resting for a bit, a plane flew near them as Yuu hurriedly grabbed Shiro's hand and ran away, while the others followed behind them.

They reached the place that was filled with vampires and people with cursed gears, "we're going in too!" once Mitsuba said that, they equipped their curse gears as they started attacking the vampires raiding them.

Humans and Vampires began to clash blades with each other, fighting with passion and dominance. Then after some few moments, they were finished.

"Thanks for the help, I'm Corporal Nagai of the Shinjuku Unit's Third Platoon...you guys are the Vampire Extermination Unit's right?" he asked.

"We're in the Moon Demon Company." Shinoa answered.

"The Moon Demon Company? Looks like our luck hasn't run—oh, you!"

His eyes landed on the albino haired girl who was now puzzled. "yes?"

He blushed furiously as he bowed down. "I-I am Nagai...who's currently looking for a g-girlfriend—"

Before he could finish his statement, Yuu punched him on the stomach, "don't go and think it'll be easy to court Shiro, not on my watch."

"I-I'm sorry..."

Y U U I C H I R O U

"The vampires got through at the west defensive barrier just now." Nagai explained as we looked around the drastic place.

"Our tactical situation is worse than I thought." Shinoa said.

While they were discussing, Shiro tapped my shoulder. "what?"

"You should've had punched him in the stomach, he's hurt now."

"It's his fault, your not suppose to let anyone court you."

She smiled and nodded. "okay."

"I want you guys to head west and join the vampire extermination." Nagai said. "you don't need to ask, that's our mission." I said.

"That's reassuring," he laughed.

I noticed that Shiro is shifting her head now and then, "what're you doing?" i asked as she turned to me.

"Oh, i was looking around to see if Akaru-kun is here... but i just remembered that he's on a mission right now." she giggled while scratching her cheek lightly.

"Oh, alright." i said then she tugged my sleeves, "what now?" i noticed her flinch as she lets go of the tug on my sleeves and adverted my gaze.

"Are you angry?"

"Huh? Why would i be?"

"W-Well... when i mentioned that i wanted to find Akaru-kun, the look in your eyes are really scary."

Am i really angry of him?

"I'm not angry," i said while ruffling her white, soft hair as she looked up to me with those crimson eyes.

"Really?"

"Really."

She showed me a bright smile and out of the blue, hugged me tightly. "yay! Yuu isn't angry anymore!"

I blushed furiously, "i-i'm not even angry in the f-first place!"

She just looked up and flashed a grin to me while she hugged me.

'I will protect that smile of yours.'

G U R E N

"Well, well. It's started. They're really attacking us." i said while looking through the goggles.

Lots of my men died in the hands of the vampires, it was making me really angry and hated them more.

"I wonder where the commander is?" my eyes wandered around as it caught a glimpse of a blonde and silver haired vampire chilling out.

In my surprise, the silver vampire looked in my goggles making me flinched and stopped looking.

"Oh, crap. He can sense me from this distance?" i smiled while i sure am going to have fun in this war.

"Um, Lieutenant Colonel Guren... this isn't the time to take it easy."

"Well, it's not that I'm taking things easy. There's a commander at the defence line, right? So I thought the vampires would target here—"

I smirked, "speaking of the devil, here they come, Sayuri."

Before the vampire could land a hit on her, a red haired girl killed it just in time. "you're late, Mito."

"Late? What's the big idea ordering me to come here on short notice?"

"Guren-sama, we're back."

"Looks like something huge started, what are we gonna do?"

All of the members in my team, except Shiro are all now here.

"Um...where is Shiro-chan?" i heard Sayuri asked, i turned around to her.

"Oh, so i haven't told you yet, huh? She is an officially member of Shinoa's squad for now on."

"W-What? Why? What is she doing there?!" Mito asked, surprised.

"You guys knew that those two are childhood friends, right? Isn't it quite cruel if i separate this two?"

"Y-Yes... but..." Shigure said.

"Shiro will be happier to be with him, that girl has been in through a lot... this is the least i could do to make her happy from everything i did to her."

No one continued asking after that, so i turned to Shigure. "speaking of Shiro, how are they doing?"

"They successfully released the civilians and entered Shinjuku."

I hummed in reply, "then they can join this war. I guess?"

I looked through the deserted buildings all over the surface.

"The battlefield is the best way to become stronger, if you don't die."

To be Continued...