35| Blinded Loyalty

"You have a minute?" Shinya asked as he walked up to the messy black haired man whose leading an army.

"What? Gonna tell me I shouldn't go, knowing it's a trap?" Guren asked as the silver head shook his head.

"No, we have no choice but to go. If we lose those squads, we can't do the job given to us." he says.

"Then what do you have to complain?" the black haired asked.

"I never said I had something to complain about~" Shinya purred playfully as he suddenly turned serious. "Many comrades were killed, you don't do too well with these things, so I was just worried."

"This is a battlefield, we're bound to have victins."

"And your virtue is that you still beat yourself over it."

Guren sighed as he walked ahead of the male while tapping on his shoulder, Shinya looked at him with a sad expression written on his face.

"Sometimes we are beating ourselves up, we need to stop and complain that we're trying our best...but you, ever once, never complained. Guren."

**************

"Squad Leader Aihara! They've finally arrived." a man wearing green and black coloured clothing says.

Few men wearing the same type of clothing began to walk towards Aihara's squad at the deserted plaza, the female walked up to them with a relieved expression. "You guys are all right!"

"We had some troubles, but we killed all the targets." one said as Aihara smiled in relief, being so happy, but that happiness didn't last when they heard the sound of an helicopter cutting through the wind up above.

"Run! Lieutenant Colonel will rendezvous at the airport. Join him there, everyone!" she yells while grabbing her weapon.

She shot a huge attack towards the helicopter as it exploded to many bits, she thought it was finally over, but when they saw another helicopter, the vampires instantly jumped down.

The vampires started attacking the humans nearby, then one blonde vampire jumped down and grabbed her neck and forced her to the ground.

"Human. I have a question for you." his voice was thick as cold ice while his eyes stared in her eyes.

Then Aihara turned to her comrades and saw how much they've been suffering under the hands of the vampires. "Everyone! Code 284!"

After yelling that, the men glanced at each other, giving looks as they all understand and took the pill. Once the pill entered their throats, they fell on their knees and died.

Nervously as she watched them commit suicidal, she raised her mouth to swallow the pill when the blonde haired vampire, Mika, pressed his gloved hand in her mouth to prevent her from swallowing the pill.

"So you've planted poison inside your mouth, but you can't die. I have a question I need to ask you."

"Torture me all you want. I'm not going to tell you anything—"

Mika clammed her mouth, "Shut up." he says as he leaned down and whispered in her ear his instructions.

"Play dead. The other vampires are going to find out you're alive."

She gasped, "I'll let you go if you answer. Got it?" she kept silence as Mika took it as a yes from her.

"Do you know a human named Hyakuya Yuichiro and Hyakuya Shiro?" He whispered as he stared at her surprised expression written in her eyes as he was convinced that she knew something about those two.

"Your eyes say that you do, tell me everything if you want to live."

He freed her mouth as she gasped for air. "Kill me! I would rather die than sell out an comrade—?!"

"Shut up! You guys aren't Yuu-chan and Shiro-chan's comrades!"

Surprised, she looked up at his eyes. "What are you trying to say...?"

"Hey, Mika. What are you doing?" a blue haired vampire asked as he waltz himself towards them.

"This human killed herself, too." Mika lied.

"Well, why did they die? Are they stupid?" he asked again.

Then the next up, they found out vampires clothing scattered on the floor, and it belonged to the nobles that the humans killed. So the vampires decided to head to the City Hall to meet up with Crowley.

"Don't move!" the vampire turned around to see a human pointing a knife on Mikaela's neck. "If you move, I'll kill him!"

Aihara walked backwards with Mika in her grip as she whispered her some of important intel. "Hyakuya Yuichiro and Hyakuya Shiro are headed to the city hall right now. If you guys head there, everyone'll be killed."

"Why are you trusting me?" Mika asked the scared female.

"I'm counting on the fact that you called our newbie Yuu-chan and Shiro-chan. This is all I know. Understand what this means?" Aihara says.

When the female was about to finish him, he grabbed her wrist and broke it as she suffered in pain. "The others committed suicide, but you're grasping straws to stay alive and escape. Do you want to live that badly?"

"I-I don't want to die! Please don't kill me—!" Mika kicked her as he stomped on her head.

"Then tell me where your comrades are. Where are the humans who attacked here?"

"If I tell you, would you please not kill me?" she asked. "Sure."

Aihara started to tell them their loads of intel as she immediately regretted it, starting a fray, she stood up while pointing an arrow towards the vampires, weepingz

"I can't take it anymore! You're just going to kill me in the end!"

Attacking him with her arrow, he simply dodges and killed her with his blade. The humans were now afraid of the humans blind loyalty towards each other, the vampires are going yo the botanical garden while Mika will move separately and go to the City Hall to fetch Yuu and Shiro.

He turned to the dead woman laying on the floor after seeing off his fellow vampires being lifted on the helicopter.

"Did you protect Yuu-chan and Shiro-chan? No, you're just using them." He whispered as he turned to the five soldiers that was sent to come with him to his destinations.

"Okay, follow me! We'll go investigate the city hall!" he instructed them as his troops nodded.

His pair of red eyes looked up to the sky as he smiled slightly while imagining his only two true friend's happy smiles on their faces.

"I'm coming for you, Yuu-chan. Shiro-chan. Wait a little longer..."

To Be Continued...