40| Obsessed For Power

Y U I C H I R O

"You're hopeless, Yuu..."

I gripped my shirt from the pain that was been penetrating in my chest as I looked up and saw Asuramaru squatting on the tip of my blade.

"Just when I thought you gave up on revenge, now you obsess over family."

"P-Power..."

"You want power that bad?"

"Y-Yeah...I need power to save Guren. So give me your power, Asuramaru!"

He could only stared at me with an stoic expression as he cupped his cheek in his palm while groaning.

"Well of course I will, as much as you wish for. After all, I feed on your desire."

Asuramaru stood up from the blade and began walking up to me as he leaned down near my face.

"But that pill you took was a mistake. That pill represses your desire and puts the curse into overdrive, but that's a paradox that's not going to work..."

He stood up straight as he turned his back on me while all I could do is bare this pain and watched his back.

"You can't just take a pill and gain power without paying the price."

"Then what should I do? What do I need to do to become stronger?"

"Unfortunately, you can't go stronger anymore. That's because..."

He turned to me with an serious expression on his face before saying harshly those words.

"You're already dead."

My eyes widened as I couldn't utter another word, he sighed as he turned around once again.

"You died instantly. Your organs and heart ruptured because of that pill. Enough that, even with my regenerative capability, I couldn't repair it. It's completely over."

I died? No way...I still couldn't believe this harsh reality, it's too much to swallow in so suddenly.

"No way...Then, is this the afterworld?" I asked with a sadness laced in my voice while regretting it.

"That actually might've been better, the afterword is probably better."

"What do you mean?"

"You did die, but you're not dead. Why do you think that is? Those disturbing angels are forcibly keeping you alive..."

I turned around and saw an magical horn laying on the ground just a few meters away from me, it looks like a completely normal trumpet. For no reasons, I started crawling to get it. Not until I was stopped by Asuramaru.

"That thing is no good, you shouldn't go for it. Angels are worse than demons...Your heart's beating again, so even I can repair it from here."

"B-But I..."

"It's better to accept me than that. I can fix you—"

"That's unnecessary. I want that."

I started walking to get the trumpet, then Asuramaru grabbed my arm and stabbed his other arm in my chest.

"I told you don't go after it."

"Then give me your power!"

"What a greedy human. I've already given it to you, like you asked. The three pills you took are still in effect, you can use my power for 2-3 minutes without becoming a demon. Now go, do it, Yuu! Wake up!"

My eyes widened as I saw something white? I slowly regained my eye sight as I saw a girl crying in front of me clearly right now...Shiro.

"I'm back..." I said as I sat up.

"Yuu!" Shiro beamed as she hugged me while nuzzling in my chest.

"Where you that worried?" I chuckled as I felt my shirt get soaked from her tears while I patted her head.

"Don't do that again, Yuu..." she muttered as I nodded.

"Yeah, I promise." I said as I hugged her back as she rested in my arms.

I guess I really made Shiro and the others so worried, huh?

"I'm sorry for making you worried, Shiro..." I mumbled as I kissed her hair before looking to my friends.

"You guys, too. Sorry." I said while looking at Shinoa and the others.

"But..." I grabbed both of Shiro's arms and pulled her away from me as I stood up.

"I'll be back in a few."

**************

In an amazing speed, I ran back to the city hall where Guren was held captive. I immediately engaged a battle against the noble vampire called Crowley Eusford.

"Give Guren back!" I started slashing my blade against the wind as he confidently dodged my attacks.

"Wow. Are you really...human?" he asked me while he smirked as I snapped.

"Asura-Kannon San-to!" I yelled as multiple swords appeared in the air.

We started continuing our battle as I was sent back to the wall, again and again. Beaten up multiple times. I fell on the ground as the pain began penetrating as I have no choice but to repress it, I am starting to wonder how come I'm this weak despite suffering this pain so much.

He started lifting his heel towards me as I glared up to him.

"Never kick me when I'm down, because when I get up...you're fucked." I gritted my teeth as he smirked.

"How scary~" he cooed as he lifted his heel to kick but then I grabbed his ankle and tossed him against the wall.

'I need more power...' I thought.

"You may be strong, but that human girl Shiro is much more stronger." he says with a smirk.

'I know that she's much more stronger than me...but...' Few flashbacks appeared in my head in the times when Shiro and Guren were together with each other.

I also wanted to save Guren because Shiro highly respects him, I don't ever want her to see him dead.

Before I knew it, I began to crave power as I asked Asuramaru for more, then an horn appeared on my head as the devil took over me.

"Okay, one more round. Vampire."

"Open the devil's coffin, on the count of nine. Kiseki-o!" I heard a familiar voice as I looked up and saw an awfully peculiar...coffin? It also began counting.

"Kimizuki!" Guren yelled as I turned around and saw a familiar pink haired guy entered the scene.

"Don't get in my way, Kimizuki! I'm going to kill him!" I yelled.

"Shut up, you idiot! Do you think Shiro would be happy to see you in that kind of state you are now?!"

Shiro...I don't care anymore...all I could think about is to kill him, the vampire in front of me.

He began sprinting up to me as he lifted me up and tossed me as I was eaten by a huge dark demon and I fell into deep sleep.

To be Continued...