18| Awakening

S H I R O

'What do they mean about killing everyone, but Yuu and I?'

I thought as I backed away from Mika, feeling kind of scared right now. 'I have to go back to my friends...
however, I can't move.' suddenly I sensed a familiar vampire aura.

"I heard you called for me, Seventh Progenitor..."

"Oh, Crowley-kun? I've been waiting for you all this time!"

My eyes landed on the familiar vampire we've encountered the other day, I was really feeling scared to the fact I couldn't move in my spot.

"Let's make them our livestock, take the Vampire Extermination Unit alive, Operation Livestock." i heard the silver head vampire said as the red head vampire nodded.

Then the red head vampire who was called Crowley, turned his direction and saw me, making me flinched.

"Oh? Why is that human girl hugging Mika-kun~?" he purred as he was about to reach for me...not until...

A slash of the wind cut of his hand as I felt myself being lifted by someone, but...this person was familiar.

"You idiot! Don't be an airhead during a war, you're getting yourself killed!" i looked up to saw fierce red hair and a pair of golden eyes.

"Akaru-kun?" i gasped as we reached Yuu and the others, he lets me down as he looked at me angrily.

I felt myself crying, he was right, if I space out in the battlefield, I'll surely be killed with no warning.

"Are you okay?" he asked me as I just nodded, sighing in relief that he won't be yelling at me again.

"Everyone! Prepare to retreat!"

I turned around to see Guren-san announced loudly while gripping his trouser tightly as he coughed.

"W-Wait a minute! Our family's over there! So...so we can't retreat!" i heard Yuu yelled as i nodded in agreement.

"Then you want everyone here to be killed by the vampires?" Guren-san shot back as I turned to Mika who was looking at us, human beings.

"Yuu-san, for now we should retreat... we'll get killed if we don't."

"Yeah, Shinoa's right, let's go!"

Our friends tried to convince Yuu, afterwards we started to run while listening to Guren-san's orders.

'We have to save...Mika!' with that thought in mind, I was about to go back to him when I felt someone grabbed my hand as he pulled me.

"If you have time to turn around, use your legs to run, idiot!" Akaru-kun yelled as he pulled my wrist.

"B-But...me and Yuu's family is there, with the vampires!"

"If you go back there, you'll get killed in any moment!"

Suddenly the silver haired vampire who killed our family appeared in front of us as Yuu fought him reckless, swinging his blade in different directions.

"Yuu!" i broke free from Akaru-kun's grip as I ran up to him.

'I need to help Yuu!'

The silver haired vampire jabbed Guren-san to the wall as he spit blood, I heard Yuu yelled his name as the vampire dodged his blade.

"Don't hurt Yuu!" i yelled as i charged up to the vampire with my hand, as expected, he dodged my attack.