chapter 1: Fat Ugly Ass

to the right is the song Lidia is singing. ____________________________________________________________________________

         Lidia's POV

             "Lidia! Get your fat, ugly ass downstairs or we're leaving without you," my father shouts from downstairs. I was putting on my shoes and I didn't hurry. I mean, why bother? Even if I hurry downstairs, my parents and older brother would be in the car as soon as I step out the house and drive off without me. Yeah, they were that kind of family. The kind that puts you down, mocks you, and hates you just because you're not as beautiful as they are. It hurts like hell to know that the people who brought you in this world hate you. To this day I didn't know why they kept me and not leave me at the hospital like they said they should have.

 Sighing, I made my way downstairs and as soon as I open the door and step outside, I heard the car start then begin to speed off. Before they were out of hearing range, Jack, my stupid brother said “walk you fat bitch! You need the exercise!" I try not to let the words affect me, but they did. It hurts bad.

Checking the time, I smile. It was ok to be late since my first period was a free one. Pulling out my iPod, I click play for my number one play list. Title: kpop (Korean pop). The first song that came on was I don't care by 2NE1. The new girl group that debuted two months ago, and the girls were casting chaos. They were the best! As I walk, I sang the words in Korean. I may not know Korean, but I like to memorize it in Korean. I like to sing along to my favorite in the group, Minzy. I sing,

   Ni otgise mudeun lipstick deul

Naneun jeoldaero yongseomotae

Maeil harue susipbeon

Kkeojyeoinneun haendeupon

Byeonhaji anheulgeotman gata

Oh oh oh

          Just when I was getting into the next line of the song, I was pushed hard, which made me start to fall. I tried to regain my balance but failed miserably. I ended up hitting my head on a rock as I fell to the ground. It didn't bleed, but it sure hurt like hell. "Walk faster you ugly bitch!" said a mocking voice behind me. A voice I knew all too well. Tami Marson, the most popular girl in school and a total bitch. I turn to look at her. Even with her evil face, she still looks beautiful. I know pathetic right? I was about to open my mouth and tell her who's the bitch, when my dad's harsh words fill my memory along with his beating. Instead, I got up and turned around, walking faster like she said to do.

 Why didn't I tell her off like I wanted to, you ask? Well, a year ago when I started gaining weight and got uglier, Tami had made the first comment and hit me. I hit her back and told her off, leaving her along with everyone who witnessed the exchange between us in a daze. When I got home, the first thing that greeted me was a slap. I look up into the eyes of my father, shocked.

             "What did you do that for?" I asked him, holding my cheek. His answer was a kick to my side. It was so painful that I blacked out. When I woke up, it was the next day and I was still on the floor. When I looked at myself in the mirror, my cheek was red against my dark skin. In my room, I debated if I should go to school or not but ended up going anyways. Before I could make it outside, I was kicked in the back. I fell flat on my face. I turn to see my parents and brother looking down at me. My dad's right leg lifted and I wanted to demand why he was treating me this way, but got my answer after he kicked me while I was down.

            "Next time when Tami or anyone else hits you or comments on how fat and ugly you are, then let them. Maybe they can beat the fat and ugly out of you." With that they left laughing. I didn't go to school that day. I stayed in my room crying. I came to the conclusion that they really do hate me.