chapter 11: smile

another upload. letting you guys know i don't upload on Saturdays and Sundays. only if a miracle happens. i might not upload anything for the rest of the month too. enjoy.

__________________________________________________________________________________

             Robin POV

                 My face hurts like hell! Smiling, it's all I’ve been doing since I’ve got to this hell hole of a place I used to call home, and it was killing me. My face is getting stiff. Being polite to people you hate is really hard work, but I kept it cool.

It was getting on my last nerve, every second someone new would come up to me to talk and introduce themselves. Mostly the men, but I know what they were doing. They were trying to sniff me out to see if I was their mate. I could tell Michael was on the verge of killing someone if they keep flirting with me. They have no shame. Michael is human but he can be a wolf in sheep’s clothing. They have another thing coming if they think he wouldn't fight them back.

Some ignore Michael's warnings and leave, but others stay behind to chat me up in going to bed with them. When they don't get a response, they would leave and find some other woman to dance with. It’s the night of the wedding, and it was beautiful. Not as beautiful as I would be when it's mine and Michael’s wedding. I have everything planned out. For the first time since I’ve stepped outside, I smile a real smile. Michael notices,

            "What’s the change?" he asked. I turn to him, confused. "You can try all you want, but you can't hide your true emotions from me. So what changed?" I smile even broader. He knows me so well.

“Our wedding." I told him truthfully. I turn back to the people on the dance floor. i didn't have to see Michael's expression to know there was a big smile on it. He couldn't wait to marry me either.

  "Are you proposing?” he teases. I roll my eyes at him. "Boy puleeeeaasse." I draw out. "You’re the one proposing." he chuckled. His head went back, making his luscious hair go back with it. My face hardens when I smell the air. The unmated female wolves look at me with hate. I smile, I’m glad none of them were Michael's mate. It would be wrong, but I would have done it. Eat her raw.

"Stop that." Michael said taking my hand. He pulled me to the dance floor and wrapped his arms around me. I lay my head on his chest, breathing in his scent. We slow dance to Celine Dion's Because You Love Me. As we dance, I listen to the words of the song,

  You were my strength when I was weak

  You were my voice when I couldn't speak

  You were my eyes when I couldn't see

  You saw the best there was in me

  Lifted me up when I couldn't reach

  You gave me faith 'coz you believed

 I'm everything I am

Because you loved me

The words couldn't be any truer. Though the parents I have now were the one that make me see the real girl underneath, it was Michael who opened my eyes and showed me love really does exist. I was able to trust, keep hope for a better future, laugh, love and make me feel like a woman, all because he loved me. I cried in his shirt from realizing how much I truly love this man.

   I felt his hand on my chin, I didn't resist when he lifted it up, tears falling from my eyes.

"Why are you crying?" he asked concern.

"Because you love me." he seems confused.

"If it wasn't for you, I don't know how I would have made it through. You gave me strength, for a lot of things. You saw the real me, you’re always so patient, you always include me into every decision that you want to make. You love me," more tears where falling than before, "I love you Michael, with all my heart, and I’m never letting you go."

 "I love you too." We both learn forward to kiss, as always sending off fireworks in me. Something was different this time. The feeling was stronger, more love but something else was there, I just didn't know what.

Kane POV

       I want to kill him. Hang him by his toe nail to a tree. Take a stick and beat him lifeless. My wolf, Kenny is begging to be set free and eat him on the spot. As much as I wanted to do just that, I couldn't. no, too many people. Of course the werewolves would understand why I did it, but the humans wouldn't. Right now she ‘loves' him, she would be angry at me. For now, I will allow him to have his last moments with her, and then she's mine.

My mate.

________________________________________________________________________________

sorry it's short. who is Kane talking about? what will happen now?

like...

vote...

comment...