chapter 7: Scream

i'm sorry for my poor choice of words to be funny. i'm not a funny person. lol, i hope you like this chapter if it's not boring to you. ________________________________________________________________________________

 Lina (Robin's) POV

                "What’s wrong with you Lina? Why the questions?"I turn look at mom, well not my mom, but the only mom I know. I thought Robin was stupid to trust another soul after what they did her- us, and a human too. But she ignored my pleading, which I’m glad for. Mom is what you call a true mother. Kind, funny, caring but has a hot temper. Not once did she regret taking us in. being a mystik wolf, I can sense those kinds of feelings. I look down in her impatient face and have to fight the urge to hug her. She always knew--- wait. She said Lina.

               I chuckle, it still amazes me how she can tell when I’ve taken over or Robin is still in control. Maybe it's a mother thing to sense the change in her daughter.

            "I’m waiting Lina." she said in her tone, when she's giving you a warning of what's going to come if I don't have a good excuse for the things I’ve done. I didn't say anything. I just look at her, giving her the look. She got it in two seconds.

        'He’s…he's a werewolf" she gasped. I nod and then a smile broke out on her face. “That means they’re mates!" she was overly excited now. Then she frowned then confusion.

           "Then why are you questioning him? Do you feel any threat from him?" her defensive went up. Robin and I can tell when a threat is near and they can't but they still try to be careful for fear of someone finding out about me from them, human or not, and since this person is a werewolf, she's being extra careful.

            "No, just love for Aunt Cathy", I told her. "He can't scent me out since I make my scent human like."

            "Then why are asking such weird questions?" she wants to know, and she wasn't going to stop pressing until she has the answers she wants.

           Should I tell her?

        Silence…

      Robin?

    I don't know.

          I roll my eyes, what do you know?

        That mom is about to slap you on the side of our head if you don't answer.

        I look at mom. Yeah, she did look like she wanted to slap me.

           "He’s one of the men that bullied Robin. He’s from our old pack mom."

        Carlton POV

I was asking Alex, Cathy's fiancé, what he does on Sunday afternoons when I heard my wife’s high pitched scream sound in the kitchen, making all of us in the living room jump up, startled. I look at them to see confused and worried looks on their faces. We all got up, "no, stay." I told them. They look like they didn't want to, but I told them to stay put and I would see what’s wrong.

              “Robin must have made a mess, that's why", a big grin fill Cathy's face.  We all knew that Robin's the best cook out of all of us, but she makes the most mess. She volunteered to get the apple pie Keriann baked for dessert.

When she didn't come back in five minutes, Keriann went after her. Another five minutes passed and they still haven’t returned. I’ll give them five more minutes before I check on them. Only three minutes passed before we all her heard the scream.

          I heard Cole's crying up stairs. Damn, it will take a long time to put him back to bed. I turn to the stairs when I felt a breeze pass me. Robin.

           "Robin." I said in my warming voice.  She can be careless sometimes. We allow that when it's just us or she's alone in the house, not with strangers. Cathy isn't but she didn't know the secret we or Robin have.

         "I’m going to put Cole back to bed, mom is...." she said but didn't turn but she did slow down.

     "Keriann what's wrong?" I asked as I step inside the kitchen. Keriann was pacing, her hands in a tight first and her face... was scary. Scared, I step back. Do not mess with a woman when she's angry.

              "Keriann," she didn't answer. "Honey?" she turns to me now. Her eyes were murderous.

             "What’s wrong?" I ask. I swallowed hard to try to calm my racing heart. Never show fear. That would be the first sign for them to attack.

               "That…that...that..." she's now saying, almost painful to say the words and pointing to the living room.

"What did Robin do this time?" with the powers she possesses, she could do anything.

         "Robin didn't do anything." she was looking at me. I breathe a sigh of relief. "Then why are you angry?"

            "Because of Alex." Because of Alex? What could Alex have done? Nothing, they just met the man.

         "He’s a werewolf," My body went stiff. "And he's one of the men that bullied Robin. He’s from her old pack."

               "What!!!" I screamed.

________________________________________________________________________________

oh oohh, what do you think will happen? what should Keriann and Carlton do? tell Cathy?

vote.......

 comment.....

thanks for reading.