Chapter Eight - Hey, Forget About It!

Since my early night had failed and sleep wasn't going to come to me anytime soon, I figured that I might as well go and do my stakeout now. Adorned in my usual Cosmic costume, I flew all the way to Keystone from my apartment in Central City. To say I was tired when I arrived at Tony's bachelor pad was an understatement.

I cautiously hovered into the warehouse, flying up high towards the rafters to give myself some security within the darkness of the building so I could remain unnoticed. I leapt from beam to post, trying to get a good look at his accommodation while trying to remain quiet in the shadows.

"Who's there?" I heard him shout in my direction. I immediately pushed my body flush against the steel support, tugging my cape in to prevent it drifting in the slight breeze. He went back to his own business, which I assumed was conjuring up some evil scheme to lure everyone to his house... Was he already in the middle of his plan, just waiting for Barry to turn up for him being a Class A Dick to Iris?

There was a small rift in the corrugated metal wall behind me, small enough for me to see outside and to notice that our old friend, Streaky Bacon, had arrived.

"This is the place." I heard him say into his earpiece, not being too subtle about it as he just gave away his location.

Unfortunately, I missed Tony punch him in the face, but I managed to get a look of Barry being hauled towards a giant shelving unit, which was then thrown down on him. Tony then soon fled as I could hear his car driving away. I swooped down from the rafters and felt a sense of déjà vu.

"What the hell, Streaky! I had a really successful stakeout going and then you come and ruin it, and now I have to save your ass, again." He didn't reply, only with a grunt of pain as I lifted the shelves from him and gently pulled him out from under the endless piles of junk that had fallen on him.

"Y'all okay?" I asked, a hand on my hip as I looked down at him lying on the floor.

"Ow."

"Let me ring your friends, hang on." I quickly dialled the number Cisco gave me from a crappy phone that I bought for Cosmic issues which I had rigged with an unknown caller id since I didn't exactly need Cisco Ramon on my tail 24/7.

"Hello, Caitlin speaking?"

"Hi, Caitlin, it's Miss Cosmic. Could I speak to Cisco please?"

"Um, he's driving at the moment. Is there anything I can do to help?" I could hear Caitlin asking Cisco how he got my number, but he shrugged it off, knowing that his flirting wouldn't go down well in a time like this.

"I found your friend underneath a shelving unit in Tony Woodward's warehouse. I've pulled him out, but he seems in a bit of pain, I'm assuming that you're driving here to pick him up?"

"Yes, we are. Just make sure he doesn't try to run anymore and we'll get to you as soon as we can."

"Okay, see you soon," I replied, hanging up the phone and looking back down at Barry. "What am I going to do with you, man?" I muttered, folding my arms as I paced back and forth.

"And here's me thinking that you only called me Streaky Bacon," he laughed, though, it ended up turning into a coughing fit. 

"It's funny because I'm always saving your bacon," I snorted, laughing at my own joke.

"This is only the second time, okay?" Barry gruffly replied, obviously not enjoying my joke.

"You need to stop running in blind and start thinking sneaky. The sneakier you are, the more you can afford to screw up."

"That's easy for you to say, you can fly or whatever it is you do," he brushed off.

"I've heard that you can run up walls and on water," I retorted, giving him a triumphant smile.