Chapter Thirty-Three - Martin's My Sugar Daddy

I quietly shuffled up the stairs onto the porch of the West house, only to see Barry sat outside in one of my hoodies. I sighed, tilting my head towards him as I set my bags down on the path and sat beside him.

"Felicity told me that you'd be back around midnight," Barry informed me, his features glowing under the outside light and the flickering candles he had lit.

"Did she say anything else?" I asked, not giving him any emotion in my voice.

"Nope," he replied, a slight sigh in his voice.

"Good, because I want to say this for myself," I muttered, taking a breath in. He looked on edge as if he was waiting for me to break up with him

"I'm not mad at you," I blurted, hearing him breathe a sigh of relief as he looked over at me, "I understand that you went to help her and it backfired. I get that. What I don't understand is why you were so defensive. You knew I was onto you, why didn't you just tell me?" I cried, looking him in the eyes as I was a little teary. I constantly had to remind myself that I was doing the right thing.

"I didn't know how you were going to react. I didn't know whether you'd just scream at me, not ever talk to me again. I was scared that I was going to lose you," Barry mumbled, taking my hand in his and running his fingers over my slightly reddened knuckles. He didn't have to know that they were from punching a drug goon in the face.

"I wouldn't let Linda get between us," I replied, my voice cracking at the end. I hadn't ever been this exposed to anyone about my feelings before. Not Eve, my mother or father.

"How did you know it was Linda?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"She was at the house when I came back, so I assumed it was her when she called me a little bitch," I tutted, shaking my head as I bit back a small smile.

"Well, that's a bit out of order," he replied, noticing the tilt of my lips.

"You're telling me," I muttered, giving him a nudge as we both chuckled lightly.

"So, what's next?" He asked, looking back up at my face rather than inspecting my knuckles.

"You need to prove to me that you won't do stupid shit like this again," I told him, looking him in the eye. I needed to trust him, especially given that I could find out about his lies in an instant. I didn't want to have to rely on my powers for me to have to find the truth out of him.

If he hadn't have screwed up, I was starting to warm up to the idea of asking him to move in with me, if he even still wanted to be in a relationship with me once I had told him my secret. Heck, I was getting close to the 'L' word, even if he had screwed up.

"How?" He murmured, giving my hand a squeeze. I could hear what he was thinking. Barry was scared, he didn't want to lose me, but didn't want to push me away by being too forward. It was paining him to be so restrained in our relationship, though I couldn't seem to find why. I could tell he was getting suspicious about why I was being slightly more distant than usual but hadn't started to make any links yet.

"There are just some things that you have to figure out for yourself, Barry," I sighed. I needed to stop babying him in our relationship. We had hardly gotten past heated making out, mostly because Barry was either too busy being a superhero, or he didn't have the intuition to take it further.

"Let's get inside, okay?" He said, sensing the cold as I was. Before we could step foot into the house, Barry's regular phone and my Miss Cosmic phone both started to ring. I thanked my lucky stars that I had turned it onto vibrate while I was in Starling City, meaning that it wouldn't blare out it's Cosmic Girl ringtone.