Chapter Ten - Charlie St. Cloud?

Taking the biggest gasp of breath I could muster, Barry soon zoomed off into the distance, stopping after a while to take my directions and let me breathe. I guess running with someone else in your arms makes you a little slower. As we rounded the corner towards my apartment, I gave him a nudge, telling him to slow down.

"We're nearly here," I said, my voice a little croaky.

"You got your keys?" He asked, raising his eyebrow at me.

"Ha, no. I climb through the window every night," I laughed, my brain making a distorted third-person view of a strangely clad girl climbing up the gutter and practically falling into her window nearly every other night.

"Um, sorry, what?"

"I should have enough energy to fly us both up, hang on." We walked around to the side of my apartment building, the red brick looking daunting in the winter darkness. "Don't be alarmed," I cooed, a smirk on my face as I raised us both up to my window.

"This feels so weird, oh my God," Barry cried, flapping his arms around as he tried not to get himself into a panic.

"You get used to it. It gets weirder the higher you go or, the longer you fly for," I explained, shrugging my shoulders as I hadn't ever considered the physics of it all. 

"Is that why you get a bit dizzy?" Barry inquired, feeling uneasy as we were still floating in mid-air.

"I'm also not the best with heights," I admitted, smiling at him. "It's getting easier with practice."

"That's surprising; you seem so comfortable up here." I pulled my window open using the small gap which always remained open.

"I guess I'm at peace with myself when I'm on my own. I wouldn't recommend flying in a commercial flight path, though."

"Can't imagine it was that pleasurable, especially with that cape," he muttered, sighing in relief once his feet were firmly placed on the ground.

"It certainly wasn't. Anyway, welcome to mi casa, make yourself feel at home and what not." I was glad that I had turned some of the picture frames over, removing any sign of my identity in my house, apart from the massive cardboard cut out of me as Baloo from my school production days. I kept my fingers crossed that he wouldn't notice it was me in the darkly lit room, considering the colour of my face paint was pretty dark.

"It's nice. Not what I imagined from you but it's really nice," he shrugged, trying not to chuckle.

"You thought I, of all people, would have bad taste, Bacon Boy?" I dramatically gasped, my hand flying to my chest in shock before I remembered the searing pain in my side, causing me to hiss slightly.

"So, I'm assuming that this nickname is not going away anytime soon," he groaned, as he raised an eyebrow at me sceptically. I realised how close we were, him holding me up so I didn't have to worry about my side hurting.

"I sure wouldn't bet on it. I mean, it's better than Ben, right?"

"Now there's something we can agree on."

"By the way, are your earpieces still in? Surely Cisco and Caitlin are probably listening to us through them," I muttered, looking towards his ears.

"Oh, yeah, they probably are." He then proceeded to press something on his ear, looking like he was turning it off. "There we go, no more of them listening in." He moved his hand back down to my waist, lightly pressing his fingers underneath the cosy sweatshirt.

"That would be a first," I snorted, shaking my head at the thought.

"You know, it feels weird that I don't know anything about you, yet I'd call you my friend."