Chapter Fifteen - In My Head

When the Miss Cosmic phone rang, I was apprehensive. I hesitantly picked it up, remembering my American accent.

"Hello?"

"Hi, it's Cisco, we have an issue regarding the Flash. He's been made angry by Bivolo, and he's attacking a cop," he nervously breathed down the phone, the panic evident in his voice.

"Oh my God, okay. Where do you need me?" I replied, turning off my television as I raced towards my bedroom.

"I'll text you the location, but please be careful, he's very angry and very unpredictable," Cisco warned.

"All right, I'll get flying, and you can hack my comms if you want," I assured.

"Okay, please hurry." I hung up, quickly adorning my suit and accessories before throwing myself out of my window, twisting my body into a corkscrew as I flew towards Barry and travelling possibly my fastest yet.

"Cosmo, can you hear me?" Cisco asked through my in-ear comms unit.

"Yes, I can, what's happening?" I asked, not daring to move my arms to secure my earpiece better in case of slowing down.

"They're just talking at the moment, but he grabbed Detective Thawne out of a moving car and threw him on the ground," he explained.

"Oh, God. I'm nearly there. Hopefully, I can try and stop his anger."

"Do you know for sure that it'll work?" He asked, sensing my uncertainty about my plan.

"Cisco, I've got a way in which I can try to diffuse his anger, but it's risky. He could get madder at me for trying to calm him from inside his head."

"See how he is when you get there. The Arrow is on his way as well."

"All right, don't get nearly shot again, I've got it," I said to myself.

"Be careful."

I landed between Iris and Barry, doing what was a cool superhero landing if I say so myself.

"Hey, Flash!" I shout, drawing his attention from Eddie. "Get out of here, both of you!"

"Oh, here she is, Miss Cosmic is here to save the day, everybody," Barry slurred, throwing his arms in the air to taunt me.

"God, you sound like an angry drunk," I muttered, shaking my head.

"Always so witty, never taking anything seriously." I nearly rolled my eyes out of their sockets in annoyance. I stared into his eyes, noticing the red rings that circled his usually hazel eyes.

I used my energy to hold him in place, waiting for Joe and Dr. Wells to come with their truck equipped with the lights. He broke free from my energy by using his lightning, which was certainly a new concept for me. I unwillingly read his mind, hearing his list of endless rages against certain people. Luckily, myself as Emily did not feature among his list. I couldn't do my reveal now; I wasn't ready, and I wasn't prepared for who Dr. Wells could be yet.

"Cisco, how much longer?" I asked, pressing my fingers to my ear.

"I don't know, just keep him busy!" Cisco exclaimed in response.

"I'm trying not to hurt him, but so far it's not working!" I shouted into my earpiece, trying to dodge his punches. I kept my stamina up, surrounding myself with a shield of energy to lessen the damage done by his punches. Each blow hurt more than the previous as I gritted my teeth until he stopped and moved around to my front.

"Where are your jokes now?" Barry taunted as I shook my head, no more playing the nice guy.

I leapt up from my crouched position, ignoring the stinging coming from my body as I landed a fully charged energy punch to his jaw, hearing the familiar crunch of breaking bones. My hand did hurt considerably since I knew that I had connected my fist to his jaw at the wrong angle. I continued my offence, going into a roundhouse kick, which successfully landed on his shoulder and was much more powerful than the previous punch.