Chapter Seventeen - Christingle? More Like Chris-single.

I had a date, tonight. And I was freaking out. I mean, it was worse than the first time, and that wasn't even a proper date, but this was.

Every piece of clothing I had ever owned was strewn across the floor and across every piece of furniture in my room.

"For God's sake, get it together, you hopeless flop," Eve groaned as I heard her slap her palm on her forehead.

"What the hell, Eve! Tonight is not the time to be telling me how much of a flop I am!" I exclaimed, pointing a hanger in no particular direction.

"You're just so useless when it comes to dressing yourself."

"Help me become less useless then! Do I dare wear purple?"

"No, I doubt that you'd want to reveal it tonight," she replied as I nodded in agreement.

"That's true, I guess. What colour do you suggest I wear then?"

"Burgundy."

"That dress? Is it not too showy?" 

"No, Barry already told you that it was a fancy restaurant. Dress to impress, Em."

"Dress to impress got it." I picked the dress up from my chair, carefully putting it on and doing the zip up. 

The dress stopped mid-thigh, showing off rather a lot of leg for my liking but I was dressing to impress. It was an A-line dress, flowing out considerably from my waist, which had a small line of fake diamonds across my waist. The top half was a rose patterned lace, stretching quite high up to my collarbone.

Luckily, Eve had a perfect pair of shoes to match the colour of my dress, including a matching lipstick colour which I had sneakily stolen a few months before she died. I remembered to curl my hair, and eyelashes before putting on a flattering amount of makeup, which helped to cover up a nasty pimple which had surfaced from the recent stresses I had been facing from my Dr. Wells dilemma.

I was more than nervous because this was probably my first proper date since my first boyfriend never bothered to take me out once he realised my sister existed. He didn't even bother talking to me after they'd met, completely diverting all of his attention to Eve, which in time broke my heart since he had been my first crush.

I looked around the entrance of the restaurant, staring into the windows at the happy couples dining together. I looked away from the oblivious people and back to the road, watching cars pass by me, none stopping or slowing as they continued their journeys. I gazed down at my phone, realising I had been waiting for half an hour now.

I sighed and made my way to a nearby bench, wrapping my coat around myself to keep warm. I was getting slightly worried now, wondering what could have happened to Barry. What if he was in trouble with a new metahuman that I hadn't heard of yet? I decided not to panic about Barry, as he could handle himself and Cisco would have rung Miss Cosmic's phone if there was trouble.

I shook my head, biting my lip as I dared to look down at the clock to see that he was an hour late. I got up from the bench, refusing to wait any longer as I would surely die from hypothermia if I stayed all night. I slowly walked over to my car, getting in slowly as I rested my hands on the steering wheel. I let out a long sigh, feeling my eyes moisten as I tear slipped down my cheek as I quickly wiped it away.

"I'm really sorry, Em."

"Save it," I said out loud, my voice cracking as I slapped my forehead, trying to bring back some sense into my brain as I turned the key. I made my way to the nearest Big Belly Burger, searching around my car for any change.