Chapter Thirty-Six - Déjà-I-Love-You

I had no idea where I was. My mind had mapped out the room, and there was nothing around me but a huge void of space.

I gently blinked my eyes open and absorbed the scene around me, for it looked slightly familiar. The walls did not seem like walls, for they were pink, purple and red intertwined flowing channels of energy, swirling and constantly moving around. The place was strange, though, I felt comfortable and at home here.

"Doctor Stone, we are glad you are awake," a seemingly gentle, female voice called out. "I am sure you have many questions, but please allow me to explain why you are here." I nodded as I continued to look around the area. There was nothing around, even beneath me there was moulded energy which had lifted itself to fit the contours of my back.

"If you are looking for me, I shall not be found. I am an embodiment. You have been summoned to the Cosmos by other cosmic users to establish your role on Earth," she explained, as I closed my eyes and looked around in my head, to find visions of these other cosmic users. None of them seemed to be human, given their additional limbs, futuristic clothing and brightly coloured skin. I wasn't as freaked out as you would've thought, considering we had no idea that aliens existed back on Earth. Again, it was like I had seen these people before.

"I'm the only one on my planet," I concluded, seeing the smiling faces of the aliens as they nodded.

"Indeed, and we have been discussing your purpose. Currently, your link to the cosmic forces is growing, as we have all sensed. We believe yours will be the strongest yet, given your link to the land above the Earth."

"I'm assuming you're referring to my sister in heaven?" I guessed.

"We want to give you more access to the powers of the Cosmos."

"Again, I'm assuming that, at the moment, I'm fairly weak in terms of cosmic power," I said, putting my hands on my hips. I felt like I had versed this conversation before; like I had asked these questions, and already knew their answers.

"Correct, though, we do not see the need for you to have unrestricted access, as we do not deem it necessary."

"What kind of unnecessary powers are you talking about?"

"Control over the Cosmos in its entirety, or the manipulation of entire planets, comets and teleportation, that sort of thing," another voice replied, this one sounded more familiar, though, I really had no idea who it belonged to.

"Doctor Stone, we value your efforts to try and make your world a better place," the female praised as I could see the aliens nodding to each other. I bizarrely wasn't confused by any of this, rather I was thankful to have learned something about my powers.

"I feel like you're going to ask me to do something..." I replied, raising an eyebrow at the voice in the sky; if you could even call it a sky.

"We need you to stop people from altering the timeline as it disrupts the Cosmos. Barry Allen and countless others have already done it before, and we fear that they will continue to do so to at a price they cannot foresee," the man explained, as my face contorted in confusion. When did Barry alter the timeline? I wasn't even aware that he could, let alone had already done so.

"I understand, but it's probably easier said than done," I said, feeling a lot of pressure all of a sudden.

"Why else do you think we enlisted you as Earth's Guardian of the Cosmos? You've been here before, Emily. You came here when you were in your coma to train and learn all about the Cosmos, but it seems like your ten months here were wasted." There was a sense of bitterness in his voice, though I couldn't tell whether it was because I had forgotten or because of something I may have done in those months.