Chapter Fifty - A Meditation Minibreak?

"Barry, she's been sat there for three days. We need her to find Eddie!" The echo of Iris shouting at Barry sounded from the car park below my apartment.

"We can't force her to leave, it's her apartment after all," Barry bitterly replied, causing me to roll my eyes underneath my closed eyelids. I could hear the sound of Barry running up the side of the building, presumably, he had picked Iris up and carried her.

"I know you can hear me, Emily. You need to get yourself together because Eddie's life is at stake!" My eyes snapped open, narrowing slightly at the angry expression on Iris's face.

"You told her? Why have you started telling people who I am?" I asked Barry, my tone short as I glared at him as he simply rolled his eyes.

"And what do you think I've been trying to do for three days, have a relaxing zen meditation minibreak?" I scoffed, trying not to laugh at how she was annoyed at me. "I've been sat here, going through every single mind in Central City trying to find my parents, and I can't."

"What about Eddie?" Iris asked, getting impatient as she glared down at me as I was still sat down on the rooftop.

"Nothing from him, either," I replied, shaking my head at her.

"Great, now we have no idea where he is," Iris sighed, running her hands through her hair in stress as she paced around.

"What makes you think I'd know?" I asked, raising my eyebrow in suspicion.

"Wells sent us a message, saying something about you and how it's your fault that he took Eddie," Iris explained, crossing her arms over her chest.

"And nobody thought to tell me?" I queried, looking at the two.

"Yeah, I've been getting a lot of that lately too," Iris scolded, her eyes flicking between Barry and me.

"I didn't know either!" Barry exclaimed, before receiving a glare from Iris. "Just thought I'd add it in there."

"I'm going to make some coffee," Iris muttered, walking towards the black metal fire escape that led to a balcony attached to my kitchen, leaving Barry and me alone.

"Cisco's told me about the guy targeting these gold reserves," I said, trying to change the subject to ward off the awkward tension that would be sure to arise.

"Yeah, I-" Barry started, pausing slightly at the thought of explaining his experience.

"I want to look inside your head, to see the images that you saw," I interrupted, watching him widen his eyes in surprise. He probably didn't know how much Cisco had really been telling me.

"Are you sure?" He asked, raising his eyebrow in concern.

"I wouldn't ask if I wasn't sure," I replied, rolling my eyes slightly at his attempt at protecting me.

Pushing myself into his mind, I could hear the same screeching as I watched the same scenes of doctors and torture, I brought myself back out as fast as I could, flinching slightly once the scene was over. It was the same as I had experienced with Grodd, the gut-wrenching and sickening sounds of drills whirring and the memories of a burning sensation all over my body were enough to disturb anyone.

"Gather the team at the Lab," I asked, "I think I've figured out who's behind these attempted robberies."

Grodd was probably the hardest villain I've had to face, given that we were evenly matched on a telepathic level. I would have to consult Eve and her crew of strategists in Heaven to try and figure out a way to defeat him.