Chapter Twenty-Nine - I'm Sinning Tonight

"Emily?" A voice called out as I felt a hand being laid on my shoulder. My eyes flung open as my instincts took over and I grabbed their wrist and forcefully pushed it, jumping out of bed and bending their arm behind their back, sending them to the floor and I landed on top of them.

"What the fuck, Em?" The voice cried as I shook my head, my eyes adjusting to the brightness of the room as I saw myself on top of Barry's back with his arm pulled around and secured behind him.

"Oh my God, Barry! I'm so sorry I don't know what came over me," I gasped as I got off of him and helped him up from the floor as he clutched his arm in pain.

"How the hell did you do that?" Barry asked, rubbing his arm.

"Brendan taught me," I admitted rather sheepishly.

"I got that but how was it physically possible? You're like, super strong."

"I've been doing a little weight training; that's all," I tried to brush off his thoughts as I felt his stare on me.

"A little? I think you've broken my arm," he exclaimed after having looked at his arm.

"We better get Caitlin to have a look," I muttered, looking at his forearm as it had gone very red and slightly swollen.

"That's if she's still alive today," Barry chuckled lightly.

"Poor girl."

"How's your head?" He asked.

"Oh, I feel completely fine," I smiled.

"Really? That's surprising since you had more drinks after your tequilas."

"Barry you forget that I'm as hard as a rock," I said, flexing my arm muscles. "Get it, because my last name is Stone?"

"That was really bad," Barry chuckled, shaking his head at me.

"You wish," I grinned as I wandered over to my wardrobe. "Have we got any news on Shawna and Clay?"

"I haven't heard anything so I'll come with you to the labs this morning."

"Well, that's a good way to tell me to wear trousers," I said, tilting my head.

"Pants," Barry mouthed at me as he walked backwards out of my room as I closed the door in his face.

I picked out a fairly casual outfit of a loose grey cotton shirt, black skinny jeans and some heeled boots which seemed a little dark compared to my normal choices. I put on my usual makeup since I looked a mess after last night and headed out of my room to finish getting ready.

"Ready?" Barry asked as I got downstairs.

"Yeah. Are you sure you can carry me with your arm like that?" I asked before he picked me up and pretended to weigh me.

"I'll be fine," Barry assured as he ran us both out of the door to S.T.A.R Labs.

When we arrived, we realised that Caitlin wasn't in yet, probably due to her intense hangover.

"You look different," Cisco commented as I walked into the Cortex as Barry had put me down before we got into the elevator.

"A good different?"

"Duh," he replied, rolling his eyes.

"So, do we have any updates on our teleporter?" I asked.

"No, not yet. I was hoping that you would take a look at the sample of DNA we received and run some tests on it," Dr. Wells said as he wheeled in from his office.