Chapter Forty-Nine - Definitely Not The Band

I stared into the mirror of my bathroom, looking at my reflection as I nervously studied myself. I was topped up with food, so I had less risk of fainting or losing my powers from exhaustion.

The hospital had phoned me and said that my mother was missing from her bed and that the police had been called and had investigated the scene and come back with nothing.

My suit was on the tatty side now and really needed a replacement. There were burn marks and patches covering areas where thugs had pulled knives on me and ripped my suit. I was tempted to ask Cisco for a less revealing and darker suit for times like this.

Tying my hair up in a ponytail, I secured my mask to my face, disguising my tired eyes, blotchy skin and melancholy expression.

It troubled me that I couldn't make any plans ahead of what I was to come up against, simply because I was completely in the dark about the situation. It wasn't a question of whether Hannibal Bates was lying to me because I had already sussed out that he was indeed telling the truth about what Wells had asked him to do.

The only thing I had was a plan to end him. This problem gave me the opportunity to end this for all of us. Granted, I have never taken a life before, which would make me hesitant and could give the experienced murderer the upper hand. I hadn't told Barry or any of the team about it. If Thawne was going to mess with my family, I was going to handle this on my own.

Packing my homemade explosives in my utility belt, I heavily sighed. I was ready, and time was ticking.

"Good luck, Sis. I'll be right by your side the whole time, I promise," Eve said, trying to comfort me as I nodded my head in agreement. "You're making the right decision."

"I'm making the right decision," I repeated, trying to get the idea clear in my mind. "No doubts."

I stood in the doorway of my kitchen, looking at the clock as it was time to leave. Staring at my open window, I took a large breath, sent a prayer to whoever is up there and started on a sprint as I ran towards my window, jumping out of it as I dived down the tall apartment building. I sent a quick spurt of energy back towards the window to close it.

Pulling up from my dive with an ignited body, I followed the route that my smartwatch had given me towards the destination. As I approached the seemingly abandoned streets, I could see a figure donned in a yellow suit with a huge, black outline of something standing next to him, which quickly disappeared.

He had chosen a very secluded spot, meaning that any kind of pre-landing surveillance was impossible. Shaking my head in defeat, I decided it was time to land and confront the Dickhead in Yellow. What kind of villain chooses a yellow suit anyway? Why not black or something cool?

"I expected you to be here a little earlier," Thawne remarked as he stood with his mask off.

"Well, you could say I didn't expect you to kidnap my parents tonight, but here we are," I replied, rolling my eyes at him as I kept my arms by my side. "I didn't take you for a guy who holds people hostage. Then again, you do like to hold people."

I narrowed my eyes at Eobard as I tried to get a read on his mind but failed to get anywhere near it, which I found surprising. He almost seemed amused as the annoyance spread across my face.

"If you're going to try anything like that, don't bother. I've got a very special surprise for you," Thawne said in response to my attempts. I tilted my head slightly as my ears pricked up at the sound of heavy footsteps that was growing louder and nearer.

"Please don't be his dick," Eve muttered as I struggled to see the funny side of the situation.

"I had to create him just for you so that you won't stand in my way," Eobard commented, praising himself on the creation.