Chapter Fifty-One - The Cosmohold

"Come on, Emily, admit it! You're her!" James insisted, pressing his arm harder into my neck as I gasped in response, purposely playing a weaker version of myself.

"Get off of me!" I cried out, writhing to get out of his strong hold as I forced tears to spring to my eyes.

"James!" I heard a voice yell from the basement as the sound of footsteps running up the stairs became ever louder before the door opened and quickly closed as Brendan ripped his younger brother off of me.

"Thanks," I mumbled, rubbing my sore neck as it was now James' turn to be roughed up a little.

"I thought I made myself very clear. If you keep insinuating such utter crap about her, you'll be barred from this club!" Brendan shouted, slamming his hand down on his desk as he narrowed his eyes at his brother.

"It all makes sense, though! Your need for a rooftop garden, you coming here almost every day, and going to S.T.A.R Labs, your sudden disappearances whenever Miss Cosmic is gone, it all adds up!" James exclaimed, looking at Brendan and me in disbelief that we weren't convinced.

"Have you been stalking me?" I seethed, glaring at him. "Because that is a criminal offence, and need I remind you that my father is one of the best lawyers in the country and I happen to be friends with two detectives at the CCPD."

"N-no, I, well," he stuttered, realising the implications of his obsession.

"Get out of my club, James," Brendan barked, lightly hitting him on the back of his head as he obeyed his older brother's commands and left the office.

"Well, that's all I need," I sighed, running a hand through my hair in stress. "Sorry, a lot's happened recently. How are you?"

"I, uh, yeah, I'm good. It's been a bit slow here for a few weeks," he muttered, clearing up some of the papers on his desk.

"I'll have a think about it if you want. Maybe we could run something Cosmo endorsed?" I suggested as he nodded, finally taking in my dishevelled appearance.

"You look like you haven't slept in three days," he snorted, patting me on the shoulder in concern.

"That is surprisingly accurate," I sighed as I followed Brendan downstairs to our lair. "Dickbard Thawne has kidnapped my parents and sent a ten-foot meta-gorilla after me that has telepathy and some advanced agility by the looks of it."

"The fun never stops with you, does it?" Brendan weakly smiled.

"That gorilla beat up my suit, leaving me looking like had just escaped from Arkham Asylum or something," I shuddered.

"So you're suit-less?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Cisco's been working to try and patch me something in the meantime. He wants to do a complete redesign, but for now, I'm relying on my gym clothes and a bandana with holes cut into it tied across my face, but hey, at least it's purple," I shrugged, hearing him chuckle in response.

"And how's Barry?"

"Let's just say he's at the bottom of my list of priorities right now," I shook my head, swallowing the lump that had formed in my throat. "I'm more worried about my parents. My mum's been off of her support machines for four days now, she won't survive much longer."

"What about that old lady? Have you asked her for any advice?"

"What old lady?" I asked, scrunching my brows in confusion.

"The bald one and that moron dude," Brendan clarified as I nodded my head in understanding.

"Oh, the last time I went to the Cosmos it didn't go too well," I snorted, leaning on the wall opposite Brendan's desk. "I mean, I could give it a try, but I don't know how long it'll take me. I haven't quite figured out whether the time flows faster here or there."