Chapter: One

Chapter: One

“Ashley get the hell up right now” my Dad yells from the hallway. I get up as fast as I can and begin to rush downstairs to make breakfast for my father and I.

 "You're late” he says glaring at me. I look up at the clock and I am up at the same time as always.

 “I think its time to get some reading glasses old man” I mutter. He stands up and slams his plate on the table. I know he heard me and I pretend that nothing just happened.

 I feel him kick me in the back of the leg and I fall forward onto the ground. “What did you say to be”
he towers over me with a red face.

 I start to apologize and he kicks me again. “Did I tell you to speak” my father yelled. He picks up a liquor bottle from last night and whips it on the ground.

 “Pick it up” and he walks out of the room. I sit there fighting the tears and clean up the shards of glass littered across the ground.

You may be wondering where my mother is? She died one month ago. My father began to start to drink and takes his anger out on me. He says I am the reason my mother died. She died of cancer, my father says that it started when I was born.

 After cleaning up the glass, I rush up stairs and get ready for school as quick as possible knowing my father will be back soon to take out more anger. I manage to make it outside and get in my car to see my father in the window watching me full of hate.

 At school I am pretty popular, I have a few good friends and am dating Mark Matthews the schools starting running back. I walk down to my locker where my best friend Emma is waiting. We discuss the plan for tonight.

 “I am going to pull up to your house, you will sneak out your window, change in the car and then we can have a good time” Emma said convincingly.

 The issue is if my father catches me, Emma has not met him after my mother died.

 “I am not to sure about this” I say. “Come on I hear Mark is going to be there.” Emma says.

 Emma is very good at convincing people to do things. Though I am looking forward to this party. I had my dress picked out for weeks.

“I will text you around ten to pick me up.” I say. “I knew you wouldn't miss this party” She says walking to her class.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Well, that was an interesting first chapter. I hope you are enjoying and if you are wondering where Mitch is he will come soon.