Chapter: Twenty

Chapter: Twenty

???’s POV

The trees swayed with the cold wind as the moon was just about halfway up into the sky. The calmness of the night was broken as footsteps echoed into through the night. His heavy footsteps hit the pavement moving towards the next location to achieve his ultimate goal. He had been patiently been waiting for days for the right time to strike. The opportunity came as a car pulled up to the house.   

Mitch’s POV

I wake up with my head throbbing to see someone in the dark chained next to me.

“Hello?” I whisper and poke the person in the arm. I hear their breathing stir and they sit up.

“Mitch I thought I would never see you again!” I recognized the voice instantly. So, many questions hit me, how did he get here, why was he chained up. Then the sound of footsteps stop my thoughts and a bright light hits my eyes. The basement door creaks open and I cover my eyes to see Nicole walk down the stairs and turn on the basement lights.

“Good Morning!” she smiles throwing us some leftover food. I will have a talk with you both this afternoon see you then she winks at us and walks back upstairs. Meanwhile, I catch up with Jerome and we make an escape plan.

Ashley’s POV

We pull up to Jerome’s house tired after taking the bus provided by the airline all day. We are greeted by the others with full excitement on their faces ready to celebrate Mitch coming back. When we walk up immediately they know that Mitch is not coming, though this is the least of our problems as a window shatters from the backdoor of the house.