Chapter: Nineteen

Chapter: Nineteen

Jerome's POV

Dark clouds begin to form above my head as a prepare to leave for dinner. I grab my umbrella and head across my neighbors lawn towards the door as the sky rumbles of thunder. I push the doorbell and  immediately the door opens and Nicole is standing there staring at me. I hang up my jacket and follow her into the dining area. I look at the table and see a couples set of fine china paired with a candle centerpiece. I sit down trying to get conformable but the awkward silence keeps me at edge. I hear a faint sound of two pieces of metal hitting together in the distance but just think it is the stove.

"The chicken is almost done cooking" she called and sat down setting a basket full of bread onto the table. We both began to eat some of the bread when the rain began to heavily hit the roof of the house. 

I try to say something to break the silence and clear my throat. 

"So, how long have you lived in Arizona?" I asked.

"My whole life. Do you like it here?" she replied.

"Its not bad here but I still prefer the west coast." I answered then she started moving closer to me from across the table and began to whisper.

"Yeah, well I know you will prefer me once we get to know each other better." she got even closer until she was sitting on my lap. I tried to move or say something but was immobilized there in shock. She began to kiss me and I got up and nudged her off me.

"Ever hear of taking something too far." I protested and began to grab my jacket.

"I'm sorry" she said sincerely and signaled for me to sit back down so I did.

"I will get dessert" she got up and I finished my plate of chicken. She came back with that weird look on her face and her hands behind her back. She pressed forward and I stood up and backed away slowly then saw a kitchen knife draw out.

"You will be mine Jerome." she yelled and was between me and the front door. I turned and ran to the next door I could find and ran down the stairs only to see Mitch laying in the middle of the room.