Chapter: Four

Chapter: Four

Ashley's POV

I clean myself up in the bathroom. I gleefully look forward to spending time with Mitch, Jerome and Mat. To get my mind off what happened at the party. I walk back down onto the main floor and see Mitch walk up from the basement.

“Hey Mitch” I say. He turns and looks at me for a second.

“You clean up nice” he said moving furniture around. “You never told me your name unless it is I fan”

We both laugh, while Jerome and Mat walk up the stairs.

“Its Ashley” I say with some confidence. Jerome and Mat is giving Mitch this weird look.

“Nice to meet you Ashley. Listen I need to take you home this is our guys weekend and we have been waiting months to do this.” Mitch said heading towards the door. Jerome and Mat seemed to be relived and went back to moving furniture. This was depressing maybe they were right maybe everyone really does think I look like an ugly pig.

“I'll be waiting in the car” Mitch said as he closed the front door. I walk slowly to the car and sit down in the back not even looking at Mitch.

“So, where do you live?” He asked. I told him my address and he started heading that way. There was a very awkward silence. We both tried to ignore each other and Mitch turned on the music. I was mad at him and myself he hardly glanced at me the whole time I was there am I really that ugly? We got caught in some traffic on the way there.

“You want to swing by that pizza place over there for lunch?” he said trying to break the silence.

“Sure” I said coldly. I was very hungry that is the only reason I said yes. I wanted to get away from him and forget this day ever happened. Mitch looked upset as if I hurt him for how I acted towards him.

“Ashley you can get us a table while I order the pizzas.” Mitch said. I didn't respond and sat down at an empty table. I blanked out thinking over what happened in the last day and what will happen once I get home. I feel someone tug the bottom of my dress.

“Miss, you are very pretty and I want to be just like you when I am older.” I look down to see a small girl looking up at me smiling in joy. I was shocked “Thank You” is all I could manage as I smiled. Not just one of those fake smiles from jokes or trying to be charming. This was one full of joy and happiness. I decided that I should give Mitch a chance and waited for him to return to the table. The girl went back to her table and occasionally looked over at me.

“Here comes the pizza” Mitch says while setting the pizzas on the table.

“Thanks!” I reply cheerfully. Mitch is looks confused. He looked like he thought I was going to ignore him.

About ten minutes pass. Mitch and I try to get to know each other better. I feel like when I am talking to him I lose focus and get lost in his eyes.

“Are you two dating?” the little girl from earlier said looking up at both of us. I look up to see Mitch grab my hand and tell her yes. She skips away singing a song about love.

“Nice save” I whisper to Mitch.

“Thanks” he whispers back. “Ashley would you like to go for a walk?” Mitch asks.

“Sure” I answer. We walk out of the restaurant and Mitch leads us to this trail going uphill. We have a small conversation and a few laughs after walking for about 30 minutes. We reach the top of the hill to overlook all of Montreal and the sunset.

“Wow” is all I can say. We both sit down on the one bench up there and enjoy the view. I rest my head on Mitch's shoulder and he puts his arm around mine as we pull close together. We turn to face each other not realizing what is going on. We look into each others eyes and move closer to each other. Time seems to move slower now and I feel like this moment will never end.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my longer chapters and one the most eventful chapters yet. I hope you enjoyed!