chapter 34

Chapter 34

Cruze

             I was asleep in my bed when the phone next to me rang. It was almost nine o'clock at night and I was tired. I had finally gotten the opportunity to take a nap and now someone was ruining it. I picked up the phone and put it to my ear. "Hello". I said sleepily.

"Cruze, get to my house now. It's important". I heard Zeus say.

"Zeus, I'm tired man. Can't you get somebody else"?

"No, I need you. End of story". He said hanging up. I sighed and got out of the bed. Michelle was laying next to me naked. When she felt me get up, she woke up.

"Where you going"? She asked covering her body with the sheets.

"Over to Zeus's. Get dressed, I want you to come with me". I say. I threw on a hoodie, some jeans, and some Timberlands. I strapped up putting a gun in my pants. I watched Michelle put on her tight shirt, and short skirt. We left the apartment with Uncle Ronnie asleep on the couch like he always was and walked over to Zeus's building to see what was up. When we entered the house, Zeus quickly threw two pounds of cocaine at me.

"I want those delivered to Ghost by twelve o'clock in the morning. He's been waiting all week for that delivery". I looked up at Zeus like he was Crazy.

"Ghost lives two hours away. I didn't plan on driving that far tonight". I whined.

"Get over it Cruze. You chose to be in this business now you have to do what you have to do to get money. Now, I will pay you two thousand dollars if you do this for me". Zeus said going to sit in his chair. Debo stood next to him with his arms crossed.

"Fine". I said.

"At least you got you a little girl to suck your dick on the way there". Zeus laughed making Debo laugh with him. I couldn't see what was funny. I was actually quite pissed off. I walked with Michelle back to my building and I went to get my car keys and some duck tape. I duck taped the two pounds of cocaine up under the bumper of my car, then me and Michelle hopped in and I drove off toward the freeway.

"I don't see why you just won't quit". Michelle said.

"Because I can't. I gets easy money working for Zeus". I say.

"Yeah, but it's killing you. If you weren't working for him then you won't even be having to take this two hour drive. Your lucky my mom doesn't care about what I do or I wouldn't be here with you right now".

"Well I'm glad you are here". I say reaching over and holding her hand and steering the car with my other.

"Me too. It's been a long time coming, but we made it. It's been almost two years for us". Michelle said. "Your going to be eighteen soon Cruze. I don't mind getting married young". I wanted to throw up when Michelle mentioned marriage. "I also don't mind having kids with you either, marriage or no marriage". I looked over at Michelle like she was crazy.

"So what are you trying to say"? I asked.

"Cruze, I'm not pregnant if that's what your thinking. I'm just madly in love with you, that's all".

"Aww okay. You were scaring me for a second".

"Wait, even if I was pregnant, then why would you be scared"? She asked.

"Whatchu mean? Why wouldn't I"?

"I mean you are going to marry me right, because if you aren't then you really just wasted two years of my life that I can never get back, and why would you be so scared to have a baby with me. You do love me don't you"?