Chapter 1~ Vega

Vampires have been coexisting with humans for centuries as hunters it's me and Seth's job to make sure humans never find out about us and no abominations are created between demons, werewolves, or vampires that is the oath I took two hundred years ago.

"Snap out of it." Seth says snapping his finger in my face.

"I'm fine." I respond as we sit on top of the clock tower looking for anything suspicious as people scurry to the their cars to get out of the rain.

"The sun is about to come up in about five hours." Seth says then swan dives off of the clock tower and into the alley.

Before following Seth I take a quick look around the town and snap a few more pictures then dive off the clock tower. Seth and I head for the car and go back to the mansion where all of Rovanni coven lives when we arrive Claude the head of the coven is waiting for us.

"Any suspicious activity tonight Vega, Seth?" He asks us.

"No, but just to be on the safe side we plan to take a look at the pictures we took my lord." Seth and I respond then bow our heads. We head down to the lower level of our mansion where the hunters live.

"Let's take a look at the photos." Seth says then I sit down at the computer and hook the camera up.

"You can go and socialize if you want." I tell him.

"Are you sure Vega?"

"Yes, go ahead Seth." I repeat.

"You should try to have some fun to." Seth says then leaves the room leaving a crack in the door.

Seth has short brown hair and blue eyes he is at least five, nine in height. He is new to this job and has only been a vampire for ninety nine years. I know he wants to have his fun so from time to time I allow him to. I continue to look at the photos until something catches my eye, a young boy around eighteen catches my eye I zoom in, he seems to be running from someone or something I move the mouse around until I see two guys following him. Hmmm I wonder why... My thought was interrupted by a gentle knock on the door.

"Hi Vega." Angel says peering in.

Angel was somewhat of a friend to me she has fiery red hair and blue eyes she was five, five and has been a vampire for two hundred and five years.

"Hello." I gesture for her to come in.

"Whatcha ya doing?" She asks in her chipper tone.

"Work." I respond.

"Oh well, guess I'll leave you to it." She says leaving.
Before I could analyze the picture anymore I get another knock at the door.

"Hello Vega." Claude says.

"Hi my lord."

"Come and join the party." He tells me.

"Ummm okay I just need to change and I'll be down." I tell him as he leaves the room. After he leaves I remove clothes and shower then slip on my black leather dress and some heels I put my long black hair up in a fancy bun then head downstairs to join the party.

"Ahhh! You look ravishing." Claude tells me.

"Thanks." I tell him then sit down on the satin sofa. I was physically at the party but I couldn't stop thinking about that boy I look out the window at the rain, the sun would be up in about ten minutes.

"I'm going to retire for the day." I whisper to Claude. He was one of three vampires that could be in the sunlight without burning.

"Slumber well my child." Claude tells me then kisses my forehead. Before going to bed I tip to the lower level and print the picture then go upstairs and flop down on my queen sized bed I eventually drift off to sleep.

If you want a book the characters please comment or pm me