Chapter 22~Spade

A week had passed since Karla and I went to the feeding club and saw Jezebel with some vampire dude. I didn't know what to think that night and I still don't this morning after seeing that I tried to see past the fact that she was my servant but no matter how hard I try I just can't, I wanted to go and rip someone's head off that night but Karla has been keeping me fed and busy. I walk downstairs into the foyer. "Karla where are you going?" I ask.

"To work." Karla says putting his jacket on.

"Well, why are you taking a suitcase?"

"Ummm because I have to go out of town."  Karla opens the door letting the air in from outside.

"Oh, okay are you taking Jamie with you?" I ask looking down at his neko.

"Normally I do but if you want me to I can make him stay here so you'll have some company."

"No, it's okay I have some things to do anyway." I sit on the bottom stair.

"Alright, then I'll leave you my other car so you have some sort of transportation."

"Okay." I walk to the door and watch Karla leave with Jamie in his black sports car which means he left me the black Shelby Mustang.

Once they leave I walk into the garage where the mustang is and grab the key off of the table then get open the door and drive toward my friend Nate's house. When I arrive at his apartment I teleport inside and look around at the mess on the floor, the smell of old blood leads me to the bedroom where I find blood on the floor near his bed and a rag with the faint scent of chloroform. I carefully bend down and lick the blood with my tongue hoping that this would help me find out what happened. 

A few minutes later a series of images flash through my mind of Nate and someone taking him. Once the images are done flashing I sit on the bed not knowing how to handle this new power or get my friends back to safety. I continue to search the apartment for something to help me figure out when they took him, after about an hour I find a piece of paper on the ground from the medical campus, I scan over the paper then put it in my pocket and leave. I drive to the medical campus where I enter his counselor's office.

"Hi Spade long time no see, we really need to talk about your attendance." She begins to shuffle through some papers.

"Yeah, I'm not here to talk about me I want to know when was the last time you saw Nate?" I ask leaning against the wall.

"Ummm okay Nate?" She pulls out a piece of paper and looks at in shock. "December 1st." She tells me.

"So two weeks ago?" I ask.

She nods her head slowly. "Yes."

"Thanks." I hurry out of her office before the scent of blood and souls become too overwhelming. I drive back to Nate's apartment and park my car out front, I walk upstairs and stop in front of his open apartment door, I silently walk in and extend my claws along with my fangs when I see a young girl rambling through his closet. She stops and turns to face me with her yellow eyes.

"Come any closer and I'll kill you." The vampire says showing her fangs.

I charge toward cutting her leg with my claws, She looks at the the blood running down her leg and jumps through the window causing glass to fly everywhere,  I jump out of the same window and land on the ground below, I retract my claws before I exit the alley and follow the scent of blood she left behind. After thirty minutes I stop at the end of another alley where her scent is so strong I could taste it. 

She jumps down from the roof of a nearby building. "I'm not trying to kill you Spade." She says.

"Really because that's not what you said back in the apartment." I tell her.

"My name is Angel." She holds out her hand.

"How do you know my name?" I ask.

"It doesn't matter I just need you to trust me." Angel smiles.

I grab her by the neck and hold up against the wall. "If you don't tell me how you know my name and why I should trust you, I will kill you and I don't make idle threats, I extend my claws into her throat.

"Okay, I'll tell you but you have to let me go." She says.

As I release her she falls to the ground and begins to explain Seth the head of the hunters who wants me dead and how I could be the most dangerous weapon in the supernatrual world.

"I'll help you get your friend Nate and in return you can help me find Vega and Jay." Angel ties her long red hair back into a bun.

"Fine who should we find first?" I ask.

"Your friend Nate because he's human right?" She asks.

"Yes." We walk back to Nate's apartment.