Chapter 2~Spade

(Spade's P.O.V)

After escaping those two guys I decide to take busiest streets to work. Since I'm in college I could not afford a car so I was forced to take the subway, walk or take the bus. I work at After Dark a gothic themed nightclub.

"You're late!" My boss shouts as I hurry past him and into the dressing room.

"Dude what took you so long?" My friend Nate asks me.

"I walked." I reply.

"No wonder you look like death worn over." Nate chuckles then pats my ass. The night wasn't as busy as normal which was good for me until I seen the two guys I had just escaped talking to my boss.

"Shit." I whisper. Just as Nate walks by I snatch him into the dressing room. "Nate an emergency came up and I have to leave early will you tell our boss for me?" I ask him.

"Ummm sure but what about your makeup you still have it on." He tells me.

"I'll take it off when I get home." I tell him as I comb my long, wavy black hair out then throw my coat on.

"Thanks Nate I owe you one." I tell him then give him a hug and hurry out the back door. I walk into the crowd of people to try blending. In order to get home quicker I go through an alley but before making it to the end a muscular man stops me.

"We've been looking all over for you." The man says. I begin to back away from him when I turn around I see another man they have me cornered.

"Please let-" I'm interrupted by the smell of chloroform I struggle but am weakened by the chemical, I black out.

**********
"Once he comes to we'll take blood." I hear a female say.

"Yes madam." I hear another more husky voice reply. I shake the sleepy feel but my vision is still blurry once my vision regains I survey the room which appears to be some type of underground lab. I see a list of names on a board with pictures as I continue to observe the board I realize they are conducting some type experiments. I try to get lose from the chains but have no luck.

"Ah you're finally awake." I recognize the voice from earlier it was the female they seem to refer to as madam.

"Let me go!" I shout.

"I just need to take some blood from you." She tells me ignoring my previous statement. The brown head woman approaches me with a needle as continue to yank at the chains.

"This will only hurt a bit." She says then pokes me with the needle and draws blood.

"Let me go!" I shout again.

"He's a perfect match!," She exclaims happily then takes the test tube with her into a different room. I continue to look for a way put of the chains but the more I struggle the more chains tighten on my my pale skin I knew this would leave massive marks on my wrist, neck, and ankles. She reenters the room with a big grin. "You should feel honored." She tells me.

"What? Why would I feel honored?" I ask her nervously.

"You'll be the first werewolf, demon." She tells me.

"Werewolves and demons don't exist." I tell her.

"Yes, they do and they always have right along with vampires."

"Are you trying to tell me you're a werewolf or something?" I chuckle. She shoots me a look that could kill.

"You have no idea I'll show you the world you've been living in." She says then begins to take her clothes of revealing her olive skin and small breast. I stare at her for awhile before she turns into a huge wolf that walks on it's hind legs the wolf itsef wasn't ugly but it wasn't exactly pretty. This only causes me to panic more as I watch her turn back into a naked human.

"Let me go, I swear I won't tell anyone, I enjoy being human and alive!" I cry out. Tears begin to stream down my cheeks.

"Do you really like being alive Spade?" She askes me then looks at my wrist.

"Yes!" I shout as tears continue to stream down my face.

"Shhh it will all be over soon." She whispers in my ear the jabs the needle in my neck.

"Ow!" I cry in agony as the blood of these species made their way through my vein and to my heart, I began to see my life flash before me then I see darkness.