Chapter 11~Vega

(Vega's P.O.V)

I spend most of my nights away from the Seth and the mansion. Jay would occasionally check in on me but would never stay long enough for me to ask him any questions.

"Are you finding everything alright." Jay stands in the library entrance with his long white, silk robe which follows on the floor behind him.

"Ha you sound like a store clerk." I chuckle.

"Now that's something I haven't seen in the longest." Jay comments as he walks over to the chair I'm sitting on.

"Jay what are you talking about?"

His expression saddens "Your smile I haven't seen you smile like that since we were mates," He pauses and stares at me for awhile. "Anyway...seriously is there anything I can enlighten you on?"

"Ummm yeah what do you know about this?"

"About what?"

I began to read the sentence out loud. "Lana a werewolf est in utero habens negotium cum Royce in Principe deamonum post eam cum Marco a scientia acquiritur occidi, et pro peccato ejus, Marc in fronte ejus, et filiam euis ne in caedem principis," (Lana a werewolf became pregnant after having an affair on prince Royce with Marc a demon soon after her father gained knowledge of her sin. He killed Marc in front of his daughter and let the prince slaughter her.) "Harsh much." I put the book down on the table and look out the window.

"If the fetus would of lived it would've been half werewolf, half demon which is considered...at least to you guys an abomination." Jay comes and stands next to me.

"Do you know who her father was Jay?"

"No, no one knows." Jay pats me on the back then leaves the room.

"You know Jay," He turns around and smiles. "I don't hate you I just hate what you did." I hug him and smile.

"Yeah so are you going to tell me why you want to know all this stuff." He sits back down on the table.

"There's this human boy Spade he was being followed by werewolves and his friend has some type of needle that he gave to the lab to get processed."

"Same old Vega always puts her nose where it's not wanted." He chuckles then shakes his head.

I shake my head. "That is not so! I just want to make sure he's not harmed." I shut the book and put it back on the middle shelve.

"Ah you are infatuated with this human," Jay shakes his head then blows out the candles. "You know a human and vampire's relationship are only temopary eventually he'll want someone who can kiss him without having the urge to bite them...think of it as a sand castle that you built, it is beautiful and you love it but as soon as the water hits it will slowly and painfully disappear Vega." Jay stares at me then turns and leaves the room. Grant it not Jay had a point I would either kill him or he would grow tired of me. I follow Jay to his room where I find him lying on his king sized bed with the cover mostly off of him revealing his chiseled features. I stare at him for awhile.

He sits up looks at me. "What is it that you want Vega?"

"How do a human and vampire's relationship won't last?" He gestures for me to come and sit down next to him. I reluctantly sit on his bed.

"In the 16th century I met a beautiful girl called Ruby. She was human but I seen her everyday at the library I would follow her until one day I began to speak and one night we took a stroll in the park. I was unaware that she was to get married in four months she told me that night but I continued to pursue her, eventually her fiancé found out and he beat her the next day I seen her I tried to talk to her, Ruby did talk to me she told me of the incident. That night I killed her fiancé, I thought I was helping but she didn't," tears roll down his cheeks. "Ruby exposed me and almost got me killed I escaped buy what she did caused me spiral out of control. Vega loving a human is dangerous mark my words love is cruel and it does discriminate."

I wiped the tears from his eyes. "I'm sorry that happened to you."

"It's okay because then I met Claude and years later I met you. Ruby and you could've past as twins you guys are both stubborn, beautiful, and dangerous. The sun will be up soon you should leave." He blows out the candles as I exit his room and I walk down the dimly lit hallway then out the doors.