Chapter 10~ Spade

(Spade's P.O.V)

The night after the incident I do a normal routine I shower then sit on Nate's couch and watch some TV with a carton of ice cream since I couldn't leave to look for Jezebel without my injection I draw and write while I watch TV. I hear Nate's keys in the lock so I go and open the door.

"What the fuck did you get me into!?" Nate throws his keys on his table then turns the TV off.

"Huh what do you mean?" I stop eating his peppermint ice cream and sit it down on his end table.

"I've got some crazy psycho bitch on my ass. She was nice when I first met her but now she thinks I know where you are!" Nate lights up a cigarette and takes a puff.

"I don't know who you're talking about." Nate looks at me in surprise.

"Remember when I said I'll take a bullet for you well I didn't mean literally," Nate paces the house. "I'll do anything for you but I need to know what's going on." Nate sits down next to me and lights up another cigarette.

"I can't tell you yet but I promise I will." He stares at me.

"I deserve to know?" Nate grabs my arm.

"I know but right now you have to trust me." I stand up and leave his apartment. I walk down an alley which takes me to a place where all the rich kids hang out I just wanted to get to the store but this was the only shortcut. I begin to walk faster but I could sense that two of them decided to follow me so I turn down a dark empty street and quickly jump up on top of one of the buildings.

"Dude where did he go?"

"How the fuck should I know." They look around the abandon street.

"Boo!" I shout as I hang upside down from a store sign.

"What the f-fuck you freak." They turn around and begin to run I teleport right in front of them.

"Now that wasn't very nice." I walk up to them. "Aren't you going to say sorry." I grab the taller by the back of his neck and throw him onto a pile of trash bags.

"Okay dude please don't hurt me."

"Say the words."

"Sorry okay we're sorry." I lift him to his feet and let him and friend make a run for it. I continue to walk through the empty street until I come to sign that reads "General store." I enter the store.

A slender man greets me as I enter the store. "Hello sir."

"Hey." I head to the back isle where all the drinks are located I grab two Sprite's, Popcorn, sunflower seeds and chips then head to the check out. I put my stuff on the counter.

"That'll be $20.50." I hand him my money as I grab my bags and head for the door.

"Sir your change!"

"Keep it." I dash out of the store and into the streets I look around to see if I see anyone who seems suspicious or out of place then I see two guys I quickly walk into the crowd but unfortunately they spotted me I could sense that they were werewolves. I push civilians out of my way as I speed through the crowd I turn into a parking lot and dodge behind a truck I peer out from the side of the car I see the two guys but they pass right by the car I was hiding behind I quickly stand up and head back towards Nate's apartment I teleport inside the house. "Hi Nate."

"Dude did you use the..." He pauses and looks at me. "Are you okay?"

"No I just escaped two guys," I take my coat off and cross my arms. "Nate you need to hurry up and get my injection back."

"Ummm alright I'll get it."

"I'm going to go to sleep." I lie down on the couch.

Nate puts the cover over me. "I'll see you in the morning." Nate gets up and goes into his bedroom. I close my eyes and drift into a nice slumber.