Chapter 9~Vega

(Vega's P.O.V)

The next night I leave the mansion again without notifying Seth or Claude. I head back to the club After Dark to meet up with Nate. I enter the club and head to his dressing room where I see him taking off his makeup.

"Hello." I say opening the door.

"Oh hi Vega," Nate smiles and lights up a cigarette. "Would you like one." He holds the half full cigarette carton towards me.

"No thank you I don't smoke," I reply then sit down on his sofa. "You seem to be doing a lot better than the last time I saw you."

"Ummm yeah I guess so," Nate pushes his hair out of his face. "So have you found out anything new about my friend?"

"Not really but I did find out you're a medical intern."

"So what?"

"So is that where you where heading?"

"Yeah I've got to get something processed at the lab." Nate puts his cigarette out and slings his messenger bag around him.

"You dropped something." I get ready to pick it up but Nate pushes my hand from the needle.

"I've ummm got it." Nate stammers. I grab his arm.

"What was that? what are you hiding?"

"Nothing." Nate responds quickly.

"Don't lie to me." I grab Nate's neck and push him up against the wall. My phone rings just as I was about to compile him to tell me the truth I let go of Nate's neck and he runs out the back door.

"Vega speaking," I begin to walk back to my car. "Now...fine I'll be there soon." I hang up and drive back to the mansion. When I arrive I'm escorted by Claude's men to his chamber. Claude looks at me with disgust.

"Tell me Vega was I a fool to make you head of the hunters?"

"No my lord."

"Hmmm then please enlighten me on why you haven't been informing Seth or I on your whereabouts!" Claude snarls.

I hand him the picture. "I've been trying to find out why this boy here was being followed by two werewolves." Claude snatches the pictures then hands them to Seth.

"Do you know anything of this Seth?" Seth glares at me for awhile then looks back at the pictures.

"No my lord." Seth says.

"You're suppose to be her partner are you not?"

"Yes my lord I apologize for my incompetence." Seth bows his head.

"From now on Seth will be head of the hunters you will follow his orders understood?"

"But my lord Seth doesn't have the experience to lead the hunters!" I announce.

"Ha and you do. At least with him in charge I'll know what's going on Vega," Claude hisses. "And one more thing Vega I want you to drop this thing about the human boy."

"My lord you don't-" Claude holds his hand up and signals for his men to escort Seth and I out." Once Seth and I are escorted out of Claude's chamber I grabs Seth's arm.

"What do you want Vega?" Seth turns to face me.

"Seth, Spade the human boy was being followed werewolves you believe me right?"

"You know Vega I think you want werewolves to be following him because you're infatuated with this human!" Seth scoffed. "Remember I'm in charge now." Seth smiled.

"Listen to me."

"No you listen. You are not to bring up this human or I swear on my life I'll have him killed." Seth hissed then walked away.

I head down the stairs and out the back door to my car. I pull off the grounds and drive down the highway to the Jay's place. Jay was my dear friend he was exiled from our coven fifteen years ago by me for becoming allies with the werewolves I hadn't spoken to or see him in years. I pull in his dirt driveway then exit my vehicle and head for the his door. I knock twice then push the door open.

"Jay!" I call out. The lights come on and I hear someone coming up from behind me I quickly turn around and point my gun.

"Oh it's just you here to kill me finally." Jay hissed.

"Nope I just needed a place to do some research and thinking."

"Ha why is Claude tried of you? His precious Vega." He chuckles.

"No I just need to use your library." I begin to walk toward his library.

Jay grabs my arm and pulls toward him. "You think you can just come here and use my resources without giving me something?" Jay begins to kiss my neck.

I push him away. "Jay that was before I had to exile you." I continue head for the library.

"I miss you Vega." Jay sighs then heads back into his room where I hear him lie across the bed.